quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by OnePunchMachine:

Rajon Rondo? ahha! things have changed and now teams need to have like 3 or more all stars to win! Nelson is not an all star... but he was one year before he got hurt, cant remember when? but during that time nelson was just a few good PG out there. Now they are every where!!!

Good job, you named 1 in 20. Keep trying.

Not only that but I think Rondo has only been in the all star game once as well.

Rondo actually averaged 5.1 assists the year they won, Nelson averaged 4.8.

And that isn't a "High" assist level. A "High" assist level would be about 7 or 8 per game. So that means no no one has won it with a high assist PG since probably the Lakers of Magic Johnson.

Wait... do we really want Chris Paul now?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

Isiah Thomas

That's actually 21 seasons.

89-90 season doesnt count?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Rajon Rondo? ahha! things have changed and now teams need to have like 3 or more all stars to win! Nelson is not an all star... but he was one year before he got hurt, cant remember when? but during that time nelson was just a few good PG out there. Now they are every where!!!

Good job, you named 1 in 20. Keep trying.

Not only that but I think Rondo has only been in the all star game once as well.

Rondo actually averaged 5.1 assists the year they won, Nelson averaged 4.8.

And that isn't a "High" assist level. A "High" assist level would be about 7 or 8 per game. So that means no no one has won it with a high assist PG since probably the Lakers of Magic Johnson.

Wait... do we really want Chris Paul now?

You know what, I ****ed up, he did average 6.6 in the playoffs that year, it was 5.1 during the regular season. But yeah, besides Rondo, there have not been any high assist point guards in the championship teams since Isiah Thomas (like Link mentioned).

quote:
Originally posted by ecanuelas:

The problem with our team is not VC, is a guard (JN) that cant make anything happen.

right on the spot! its not we need a PG with high assists but some that can create there own shots and make players better around them however CP3 is just that. Magic just got VC couple years to late!

quote:

quote:

quote:

Isiah Thomas

That's actually 21 seasons.

89-90 season doesnt count?

I'm having a rough day

quote:

quote:

The problem with our team is not VC, is a guard (JN) that cant make anything happen.

right on the spot! its not we need a PG with high assists but some that can create there own shots and make players better around them however CP3 is just that. Magic just got VC couple years to late!

Right. VC doesn't get any assists and can't get his own shot (most of the time), yet it's Nelson's fault (even though he was the team's 2nd best player)?

Sometimes you guys say the... never mind

quote:

You know what, I ****ed up, he did average 6.6 in the playoffs that year, it was 5.1 during the regular season. But yeah, besides Rondo, there have not been any high assist point guards in the championship teams since Isiah Thomas (like Link mentioned).

I still dont consider that a high assist guard. Thats a good distributor. But thats not like a Steve Nash, Chris Paul, or Deron Williams right now dropping 10 assists nights every other game.

Ok so if we trade for Paul and get to keep Meer in the trade, one night just for fun when we are up by 20 or so points we should play 1)Paul 2)Meer 3) Duhon 4)JJ or QRich and 5) Mr. Anderson

would we ever get a rebound ? I knnow I know its just a joke lol

quote:

quote:

Right. VC doesn't get any assists and can't get his own shot (most of the time), yet it's Nelson's fault (even though he was the team's 2nd best player)?

Sometimes you guys say the... never mind[/quote

]

its not nelson fault but Magics inability to create shots. i thought Nelson was supposed to be the court General/ QB or what ever you want to call it that a PG does.