Sign in to follow this  
Mayhem

Magic workout 6 prospects

2nd round isn't guaranteed anyway, but with us picking so late, you can pretty much guarantee that anyone we don't pick will still be available to invite to camp on a non-quaranteed minimum contract anyway. I mean there is only one pick after ours in the entire draft, so if there are two/three players you are interested in, you take one, and hopefully invite the other.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

a guy like damian james might fall through

I love Damion's game! he's a workhorse with a motor that never stops! He's probably the Joakim Noah of wingmen lol if there is such a thing.

I hope we land Crawford or Hobson. I think Crawford could have the same type of impact for a team that Marcus Thornton had last season with the Hornets.

As far as Hobson, he reminds me of a young Jalen Rose. The kid could just do it all, and I think he will be one of the steals of this draft. I also think if he was playing in the Big East or one of the Big 6 conferences, that he would be a lottery pick in this draft.

I think I will be surprised if the Magic don't select Hobson, should he be available at 29...I just like the kid, I like Pondexter and Ebanks as well in that class of big guards/SF's, but Hobson just has that grit about him and basketball seems to come easier for him even though he's not the better athlete of the trio. I know it's a stretch, but Hobson reminds of a young Stephen Jackson and even Tayshaun Prince...