Sign in to follow this  
Mayhem

Magic workout 6 prospects

Vasquez has been making strides up the mock drafts, and may not be available, but at 6'6" PG, he could make a good combo guard, and potentially fill two needs for us. Rautins has been near the end of the second round on the few mock drafts I have seen him in at all. Most of the others seem to be fluctuating between 22-30 in the first round, though I have seen all of them as late as 45-50. Aldridge has them rated like this:

Vasquez - #5 among PG

Crawford - #7 among SG

Rautins - not in top ten SG, but in others of note.

Pondexter - #6 among SF

Hobson - #8 among SF

Ebanks - #10 among SF

I think the Magic draft board will probably have a lot of guys who didn't work out for us. If someone "falls through"(top 3 at any position), like Jameer did, look for the Magic to buy/trade for their rights, otherwise I think Vasquez may be the pick at #29.

I think that Otis will pick Rautins with #59 if he is still available, and might even try to trade/buy his rights if he goes earlier in the second round.

Unfortunately, Otis doesn't have much to work with this year for free agents, only the LLE and minimums, as the MLE is bi-annual, and we used it last year to sign Bass & Barnes. Also, the TE from Hedo expires soon, if it hasn't already.

quote:
Originally posted by jmmagicfan:

Vasquez has been making strides up the mock drafts, and may not be available, but at 6'6" PG, he could make a good combo guard, and potentially fill two needs for us. Rautins has been near the end of the second round on the few mock drafts I have seen him in at all. Most of the others seem to be fluctuating between 22-30 in the first round, though I have seen all of them as late as 45-50. Aldridge has them rated like this:

Vasquez - #5 among PG

Crawford - #7 among SG

Rautins - not in top ten SG, but in others of note.

Pondexter - #6 among SF

Hobson - #8 among SF

Ebanks - #10 among SF

I think the Magic draft board will probably have a lot of guys who didn't work out for us. If someone "falls through"(top 3 at any position), like Jameer did, look for the Magic to buy/trade for their rights, otherwise I think Vasquez may be the pick at #29.

I think that Otis will pick Rautins with #59 if he is still available, and might even try to trade/buy his rights if he goes earlier in the second round.

Unfortunately, Otis doesn't have much to work with this year for free agents, only the LLE and minimums, as the MLE is bi-annual, and we used it last year to sign Bass & Barnes. Also, the TE from Hedo expires soon, if it hasn't already.

a guy like damian james might fall through

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

a dude like Butler won't be drafted in this draft...he's an invite player at best at this stage, unless a team has taken a strong look at him and decides to gamble that is.

yup.

we'd be dumb to guarantee money to him right now. I'd like us to give him a look later though. When's his rehab end?