Darthmagic

Ryan Anderson and Brandon Bass

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

i'm not looking for anyone to co-sign my views. don't really give a **** what you people think to be quite honest.

Then why even engage in discussion? This website is made for fans of the orlando magic. Its made for the sharing of opinions, information, and to serve as a sort of community where you can gather with other people who enjoy the same things you do.

You don't need to subscribe to every opinion of the status quo (a lot of people dont). There's nothing in the Terms of Service that say you will be suspended for having an off beat opinion (unless you start spamming that opinion) so don't take this post that way.

I'm just wondering what people are thinking when they put something on the internet and don't want to have a discussion about it. I want other people to criticize my opinions because it makes me a more knowledgeable fan of the magic and basketball in general.

Just isn't what you're doing here (expressing an opinion [which any knowledgeable basketball fan would disagree with] then being too stubborn to amend that opinion when shown data as well as an amazing argument) just an entire waste of your time? Isn't comparable to the lunatics screaming about the end of the world on street corners?

I just don't get it.

this post is highly irrelevant because i didn't state that people should not argue off of anything i say. i'm talking about the ad hominems and the insults of my views that are counter productive. if you don't agree with what i say then argue off of it. don't start off with "you're argument is stupid, you don't know anything about basketball, lolz what a retard! ignored!"

despite my rebuttals, I'm not here insulting people for their views and telling them they have limited knowledge and i'm smarter than them etc.. etc... whats the point of this? if you feel as though you have more knowledge about something than someone else try educating them about it in a professional manner. get them to see your perspective so it stimulates their minds and maybe makes them question their own views. (although i'll tell you right now i don't need a lesson in bball 101).

and i stand by my words. i truly don't give a **** who agrees or disagrees with me. thats life. i don't understand why people are so desperate for others to see their way.

Debonair, since you require a basic explanation of why Bass didn't get more minutes, here it is:

(mind you, these ideas could be figured out by reading the other discussions on this board at the least, God forbid the rest of the internet)

- Lewis starts at the position that you want Bass to get more minutes at while Anderson backs him up because he is lil' Lewis. Playing Bass means Lewis gets less minutes. Lewis is the best player for the role this team wanted at that position, while Bass is the total opposite.

- Bass looked lost out there at the times he was on the court. It could be because he's only been on the team for mere months but he was having a hard time helping with the team defense and offensive plays.

- He got into Dwight's way. Dwight is the type of center that can command the paint on his own, hence the slightest possibility to run an offense like we do. When Bass clogs the paint, the opposing PF is allowed to get close to Dwight meaning he's gonna get doubled much easier. This trick totally ruins our scheme.

Most people aren't just saying "yer posts iz dumb, learn to internetz. lol. pwned." These are ideas that have circulated for some time now and people don't want to discuss why Bass didn't get more minutes over and over again. Especially with someone who could give a **** about their opinion.

Also, you're constantly going against the grain by declaring Van Gundy's idiocy. Most people think Van Gundy is a great coach for this team despite his shortcomings. So, by hating on Stan you create people who are automatically going to disagree with your other opinions. Psychology. We look past Stan's shortcomings because he's a great coach that has brought this team a long way and has the potential to bring this team a championship. What legitimate coach would you replace him with?

Please see this in a constructive way.