Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

Ryan Anderson and Brandon Bass

I know there has been a lot of talk about bringing in Chris Bosh, Boozer and other power forwards, but i think that would be a mistake. We have two guys who are more than capable at the 4 spot and with a little work they could become special players. Ryan is only 21 and has all the skills you like in a stretch 4. At 24 Bass is a rugged Power Forward who can score in the post and has a deadly mid range game.

If Management is intent on putting Rashard at the three then we really need to utilize Bass and Ryan at the 4. They could develop into the deadliest combo in the league at the Power Forward position.

Our most glaring need IMO is a wing who can get to the basket and score/ draw fouls in crunch time. Gortat and V.C's expiring, Pietrus, and or Redick can help to get such a player (Magette, Caron Butler etc). We always complain about the team not developing young players, here is our chance to do just that. Let them play.

I somewhat agree but it seems like getting a wing of that caliber is going to be more daunting than getting Boozer (I don't think Bosh is a possibility).

Also as of right now Ryan isn't ready for the limelight, period.

This team is ready to win now. We gotta make a final tweak and get up over the hump already.

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

I somewhat agree but it seems like getting a wing of that caliber is going to be more daunting than getting Boozer (I don't think Bosh is a possibility).

Also as of right now Ryan isn't ready for the limelight, period.

This team is ready to win now. We gotta make a final tweak and get up over the hump already.

I can't beleive the day would come when a talented big would be easier to get than a talented wing man. But i do beleive in Ryan and Bass though. Ryan is just 21 and he will get better. This was his first year with the Magic and performed well Rashards absence.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

Magic fan overrating 2 good bench players on a magic message board.

If anything I think the board is devaluing them. Will they be all stars? Probably not, but they are really good players on good contracts who can help this team. I think Ryan is a starting caliber power forward.

He just needs to work on his strength and shot selection. He's very good on the offensive glass and can attack the hoop off the dribble. My point is the area we need to focus on is the wing position. That's what cost us a championship this year.

We need a better PF AND a wing player. It's not just one thing. Look what happened with Bass against the Celts. He played great as a backup and for some reason SVG decided to sit him in Game 6. If the Magic had Rashard at SF and a better PF with Bass behind him, I think the series would have gone 7 and the Magic could have been talking about the Lakers right now.

before we signed bass: "bass could definitely start for the magic. he has talent and it's not his fault he had to play behind dirk in dallas"

after we signed bass: "dude is a role player and we should include him in a trade"

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

before we signed bass: "bass could definitely start for the magic. he has talent and it's not his fault he had to play behind dirk in dallas"

after we signed bass: "dude is a role player and we should include him in a trade"

You still think he's a starter?

Anderson/Bass the most deadly PF combo in the league? lol...

Chances are, one of those two aren't even here on opening night. Probably Bass since Anderson is younger and fits SVG's system more.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Anderson/Bass the most deadly PF combo in the league? lol...

Chances are, one of those two aren't even here on opening night. Probably Bass since Anderson is younger and fits SVG's system more.

LOL! "deadliest" might be a stretch, but they can be great. And yes, i think Bass has the talent to be a starter in this leauge. If Antoine Wright, Matt Barnes, Mikeal Pietrus, Deshwan Stevenson, and Dahntay Jones can start for teams, then why can't Bass?