Sign in to follow this  
Dave Lubinsky

Why is this? Logical & Educated Magic Fans Only (please)

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Lubinsky:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Who are we to question a players desire? I'm passionate about alot of things. Doesn't mean I have to bang my head against it to prove my desire.

You're taking this into an entirely different direction. One that can't be discussed logically or educated because it's not something we can prove using fact.

Perception is reality.

Look at the ones who do "bang their heads" and are fearless on the big stage.. Those are the ones who win titles

I'm so glad we only let in the logical ones for this discussion about statistical analysys.

quote:

quote:

Who are we to question a players desire? I'm passionate about alot of things. Doesn't mean I have to bang my head against it to prove my desire.

You're taking this into an entirely different direction. One that can't be discussed logically or educated because it's not something we can prove using fact.

Perception is reality.

Look at the ones who do "bang their heads" and are fearless on the big stage.. Those are the ones who win titles

Come on... don't do that. KG was ALWAYS like that, and it wasn't until he joined a team with 2 other all-stars to win the title.

It's all about personalities. Magic Johnson won 5 titles , 3 MVPs and 3 Finals MVP smiling his way through all of them.

quote:
Now that's an entirely different argument.

And this is tough because

1) You can't possibly be talking about Lewis. The guy is just ice cold. Calm and collective, but in big games he shows just how big his heart is.

Did you really just label a player with 14.1 ppg in season & 12.9 ppg in playoffs...um Ice Cold?

12.9 = Ice Cold?

Wesley Matthews 13.2 = Ice Cold

Joakim Noah 14.8 = Ice Cold

Paul Milsap 18.0 = Ice Cold

Lamarcus Aldridge 19.0 = Ice Cold

quote:

quote:

1) You can't possibly be talking about Lewis. The guy is just ice cold. Calm and collective, but in big games he shows just how big his heart is.

Did you really just label a player with 14.1 ppg in season & 12.9 ppg in playoffs...um Ice Cold?

12.9 = Ice Cold?

Then why are you blaming Lewis for an ECF loss? icon_confused.gif

quote:

quote:

12.9 = Ice Cold?

You seem to be forgetting what he did last year and what he did against the Bobcats and ATL... mostly the Bobcats, when the team needed him most (Dwight Howard and Wince being nearly nonexistent offensively). And like I said, he was able to cancel out KG, so he at least did his job in the ECF (battling viral diseases).

I'm mostly talking about his personality. He isn't the kind of guy that's always yelling and screaming and looking like he's about to kill someone. That's just not him. He does, however, play hard when he's needed and hits big shots. Him pretending to be what he's not wouldn't make him any better.

quote:

quote:

quote:

12.9 = Ice Cold?

Not blaming anyone for anything.

Im blaming the Magic front offce for bringing in players who start to hit their decline on OUR watch... like usual.

quote:

Lew and VC do not deserve those contract numbers, they just dont.........It irrates me!

I know Im off topic though.. Just gets me heated because I care about my team as a whole

quote:
Our guys..... well.......IMO dont really care. Thats what they showed us in the ECF.

If you dont have the passion, or SELF WILL to give it your all with your body getting crushed, your legs giving out and your arms being tired, then you better put up BIGGER NUMBERS than you did at your last city.

icon_confused.gif

That sounds like you're more or less placing the blame buddy.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

12.9 = Ice Cold?

Not blaming anyone for anything.

Im blaming the Magic front offce for bringing in players who start to hit their decline on OUR watch... like usual.

i'd like to hear you suggestions for this off season.

quote:
You seem to be forgetting what he did last year and what he did against the Bobcats and ATL... mostly the Bobcats, when the team needed him most (Dwight Howard and Wince being nearly nonexistent offensively). And like I said, he was able to cancel out KG, so he at least did his job in the ECF (battling viral diseases).

I'm mostly talking about his personality. He isn't the kind of guy that's always yelling and screaming and looking like he's about to kill someone. That's just not him. He does, however, play hard when he's needed and hits big shots. Him pretending to be what he's not wouldn't make him any better.

Thats one of the problems with Orlando's fan base...

Who CARES what he did last year.. Last year is OVER.. It doesnt matter because their is no title banner hanging in the Amway.

Who CARES what he did againt the less talented Bobcats.. First round of the playoffs against a severely undertalented team compared to Orlando, nothing to be impressed about. You are supposed to do that. Your expected to do that!

Who CARES what he did against Atlanta. We swept them and our main guys IMO still didnt do enough, NO WHERE NEAR enough.

ECF arrives.. Time to show up.. Make your money.. I dont want to hear about Flu's and stomach viruses..

Show up to the big stage and make your money! Make your name! Make your legend! Make your legacy!

THIS IS why we are not a title team.. Can anyone else see this?

quote:

quote:

Thats one of the problems with Orlando's fan base...

Who CARES what he did last year.. Last year is OVER.. It doesnt matter because their is no title banner hanging in the Amway.

Who CARES what he did againt the less talented Bobcats.. First round of the playoffs against a severely undertalented team compared to Orlando, nothing to be impressed about. You are supposed to do that. Your expected to do that!

Who CARES what he did against Atlanta. We swept them and our main guys IMO still didnt do enough, NO WHERE NEAR enough.

ECF arrives.. Time to show up.. Make your money.. I dont want to hear about Flu's and stomach viruses..

Show up to the big stage and make your money! Make your name! Make your legend! Make your legacy!

THIS IS why we are not a title team.. Can anyone else see this?

so basically, you're cherry picking right now. point out the instances where rashard failed to produce to your standards but ignoring where he has.