Sign in to follow this  
mongoose

A few things I'd like to share with the board...

quote:
Originally posted by Nell2ThaIzzay:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

I would certainly bring back TMAC for either the vet min or BAE. I personally feel like he was shafted by the organization atleast as much as many magic fans feel they were shafted by him. But that being said I think that he would be a bench player unless he came to camp and put on a clinic. Redick and Vince are already at the two, but TMAC could play some backup three I suppose.

Excuse me, but how exactly was T-Mac shafted by the Magic?

What a short term memory people seem to have about the T-Mac situation.

First, T-Mac admitted in Sports Illustrated that he didn't go at 100% during games his final season with us.

Second, Weisbrod, our GM at the time, had a private, sit down meeting with Tracy to discuss what T-Mac wanted to do with his player option. Weisbrod didn't want Tracy to walk without getting anything in return. Tracy said he was going to opt out, and that he desired to play in Houston with Yao. Due to his player option, T-Mac essentially controlled any trade possibilities we had, simply by having the power to opt out of his contract wherever he went. Tracy forced our hand to trade him, and trade him to Houston.

We signed Hedo, and drafted Dwight. Dwight wanted T-Mac to stay, because Dwight wanted to play with T-Mac. But T-Mac was adamant about opting out. So we traded him to Houston, getting the best deal we could considering the circumstances. After the trade - the trade that T-Mac forced - T-Mac started *****ing and moaning non-stop about the Orlando Magic, junk talking the organization, and then talking about "Why would I want to opt out? Orlando is my home, I wanted to stay in Orlando!"

No, buddy, that's not what you said in your private meeting with Weisbrod.

We did everything we could to accommodate McGrady, and he spit it back in our face. He's the epitome of a selfish, me first kind of player. If he just wanted out, to go somewhere else, I was cool with that, I understand the business of the game. But then he had to turn around and junk talk us every step of the way afterwords, after we did everything to accommodate his wishes.

**** T-Mac, plain and simple, and I don't ever want to see him in a Magic uniform ever again. He is without a shadow of a doubt my most hated player to ever suit up in a Magic uniform.

On the topic of Grant Hill, I am still rather disappointed in the way the fanbase has treated Grant Hill since his departure. Grant Hill was injured, it sucked, but Hill did everything in his power to try to get back on the court. You know, the opposite mentality of losers like T-Mac, and even like Vince who decided to no-show when it counted. It didn't work out here, and he left. It was honestly mutually beneficial for Grant Hill to leave, he didn't "owe it" to use to sign for the vet minimum. I got zero beef what so ever with Grant Hill, and wish him the best of luck in the future of his career.

Why are there so many butt-hurt fans over the Tracy situation? He's not a "winner"? What does that even mean? That his teams didn't win playoff series? We should be thankful that he even got those teams into the playoffs, by WINNING enough games to even get us there. Then he WON 3 games against the number 1 seed basically by himself.

You don't get into the NBA, let alone superstar status by being a "loser"

I just don't understand the thoughts that run through people's heads. McGrady, if he were to come to the Magic, would have the highest IQ on the team next to Van Gundy himself.

Get over the "Boo hoo Tracy left us 7 years ago" status and get real. Tracy's 10 x's half the players on this team ever dream to be. That's enough for me to want him if he would want to come back.

quote:

quote:

I would certainly bring back TMAC for either the vet min or BAE. I personally feel like he was shafted by the organization atleast as much as many magic fans feel they were shafted by him. But that being said I think that he would be a bench player unless he came to camp and put on a clinic. Redick and Vince are already at the two, but TMAC could play some backup three I suppose.

First, T-Mac admitted in Sports Illustrated that he didn't go at 100% during games his final season with us.

Second, Weisbrod, our GM at the time, had a private, sit down meeting with Tracy to discuss what T-Mac wanted to do with his player option. Weisbrod didn't want Tracy to walk without getting anything in return. Tracy said he was going to opt out, and that he desired to play in Houston with Yao. Due to his player option, T-Mac essentially controlled any trade possibilities we had, simply by having the power to opt out of his contract wherever he went. Tracy forced our hand to trade him, and trade him to Houston.

We signed Hedo, and drafted Dwight. Dwight wanted T-Mac to stay, because Dwight wanted to play with T-Mac. But T-Mac was adamant about opting out. So we traded him to Houston, getting the best deal we could considering the circumstances. After the trade - the trade that T-Mac forced - T-Mac started *****ing and moaning non-stop about the Orlando Magic, junk talking the organization, and then talking about "Why would I want to opt out? Orlando is my home, I wanted to stay in Orlando!"

We did everything we could to accommodate McGrady, and he spit it back in our face. He's the epitome of a selfish, me first kind of player. If he just wanted out, to go somewhere else, I was cool with that, I understand the business of the game. But then he had to turn around and junk talk us every step of the way afterwords, after we did everything to accommodate his wishes.

**** T-Mac, plain and simple, and I don't ever want to see him in a Magic uniform ever again. He is without a shadow of a doubt my most hated player to ever suit up in a Magic uniform.

On the topic of Grant Hill, I am still rather disappointed in the way the fanbase has treated Grant Hill since his departure. Grant Hill was injured, it sucked, but Hill did everything in his power to try to get back on the court. You know, the opposite mentality of losers like T-Mac, and even like Vince who decided to no-show when it counted. It didn't work out here, and he left. It was honestly mutually beneficial for Grant Hill to leave, he didn't "owe it" to use to sign for the vet minimum. I got zero beef what so ever with Grant Hill, and wish him the best of luck in the future of his career.

Great ****ing post!

Me-Mac is scum and Grant Hill is a good guy.

It amazes me how some of these fans get that twisted.

quote:

quote:

Grant Hill went from being the highest paid suit wearing basketball player to one of the best bargains in all of sports with PHX. **** him.

Ya i agree with whoever said that Tmac would just be a another VC. An older player who USED to score the ball at will, who is injury prone, and is past his prime. Maybe he can be a 15ppg kinda guy if he played along side dwight but how long can he hold up?

I think we would still have matchup problems come play off time with our style of play. Tmac and Vc on the floor together would be a disaster against a team like Boston or LA who love to be physical. I felt that we were best against Boston when we had Bass on the floor. I know he struggled all season pretty much but in Gm 5 he brought energy and physcial play which we seemed to lack up front. I dont think we need to make a drastic change as far as personel goes. We should get a big power foward who can rebound the ball and play physcial D. We than move Shard to the 3 where he could have length when guarding other SFs. To switch it up we could have Ryan at the 4 and shard at the 3 and play how we did last year with 2 tall fowards who can shoot the 3.

This is more of a wish than what i think will happen but i wish we played more up tempo O. I can see Dwight easily dominating games by just out running and hustling the other team down the court. Ally ops, put backs and just being quicker than the defender are all easily dwights strong points on O. Plus our team is great at shooting 3s in transition. Thats more of a rant than anything so ya^^^

So to summarize what the board thinks:

1. JJ Redick is better at basketball than Tracy McGrady, present or future.

2. If McGrady were to come back, all of a sudden this team would quit on everybody and get bounced in the first round.

3. Dwight's dominance at the end of game 6 means nothing to anybody, probably because no one even noticed.

4. People are still sensitive about what happened 7 years ago, where before that Tracy McGrady was nothing but a whiner and a loser and never did anything for this franchise.

Makes perfect sense.

I'm trying to suggest what needs to be done to make this team unstoppable. If I said last year let's get Ron Artest, he'll be a great asset to this team, people would have probably jumped down my throat and defended Redick for his excellent 9 ppg and pansy defense.

Well guess where Artest is... on the Lakers, playing in the Finals.

Man I'm glad none of you clowns are the GM of the Magic.

Great idea that makes alot of sense, let a good young player with a lot of potential go for a washed out has been that is injury prone to boot. This would help the Magic get a ring 2 has beens that could give a **** less.

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

Great idea that makes alot of sense, let a good young player with a lot of potential go for a washed out has been that is injury prone to boot. This would help the Magic get a ring 2 has beens that could give a **** less.

Potential? My god. Mods lock this topic please