Sign in to follow this  
jbabc37

Magic ''Anticipate'' Keeping Carter...

people around here talk like clee is going to be a perennial all star who is capable of carrying a team into the promise land. give me a break. the guy is going to be a solid nba player but he's not on the level that some here think he is or will be. i was a big fan of his and did not enjoy him leaving but the homerism is becoming nauseating.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

people around here talk like clee is going to be a perennial all star who is capable of carrying a team into the promise land. give me a break. the guy is going to be a solid nba player but he's not on the level that some here think he is or will be. i was a big fan of his and did not enjoy him leaving but the homerism is becoming nauseating.

I'm not saying he's the second coming of Kobe, but he could very easily be a 20ppg player. Add that to his defense and baby, you got yourself a stew going.

quote:
Originally posted by VC_Fan:

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by dreamingincolors:

I can't believe we had a talented young prospect SG and we let him go.

Interestingly enough we also have another talented young backup SG and I hope we don't make the same mistake twice.

Why can't we bring Courtney Lee back?

Courtney was a solid, young player, but nothing more. Some people here value our players as if they're the second coming of players they could never dream of becoming.

When you have the opportunity to trade less-than-critical player for an established 20/5/5 allstar, you do it, and you don't think twice about it. In retrospect, it didn't work out with us to the extent that we wish it could have, but you'd have to be foolish to believe that it was a bad move back in July.

Absolutely. The Magic lost to a very talented team so now every move made was a mistake.

I liked Courtney, but please let's not get carried away here.

When Otis decided to pass on Hedo, he felt he needed to make a deal for the best closer available for a trade and did well in bringing Vince.

He wasn't going to get anyone better and the storyline made sense. A veteran former superstar with a chance to redeem a poor playoff career going back to his home area. He knew Courtney wasn't going to be the closer and nothing he did in New Jersey proved otherwise.

So Vince stunk it up in the playoffs. I still give Otis credit for not doing the easy thing which would have been to keep the team together and give Hedo what he wanted.

Coming into this season Carter had career playoff averages of 25.9 PPG, 6.9 RPG, and 5.2 APG. He had never lost a playoff series with HCA, and had twice won series without HCA.

Now please explain how he had (prior to this season) a "poor playoff career". I'm genuinely interested to hear your argument.

Probably his terrible shooting numbers. You can't win being that inefficient.

So 44% fg, 34% 3's and 87% ft's are terrible? I'd say they are fairly decent numbers especially for a young guard that had to shoulder a lot of the scoring load in a very tough situation.

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

So 44% fg, 34% 3's and 87% ft's are terrible? I'd say they are fairly decent numbers especially for a young guard that had to shoulder a lot of the scoring load in a very tough situation.

What are you talking about?

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

What are you talking about?

Try scrolling to the top of the page BMP.

quote:

OH, I thought you were referring to Vince Carter, lol...

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

New Jersey has a young guard named Courtney Lee. Great defender, and he can shoot the three well. Maybe Otis can find a way to get this guy, I think he would be a good fit with the Magic.

For all the fans of Photoshop:

Boston+Celtics+v+Orlando+Magic+dTtmBAmUo1Tl.jpg

Wow, your photoshop skills are amazing. Addi - sort yourself out!

If Lee makes that lay-in you can almost guarantee he's still on the Magic. Partly because that changes the whole series giving us the inside track to the ship and if we win we don't throw down a trade to get the "final piece" since a final piece is not needed for a defending champ.

Sigh.

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

If Lee makes that lay-in you can almost guarantee he's still on the Magic. Partly because that changes the whole series giving us the inside track to the ship and if we win we don't throw down a trade to get the "final piece" since a final piece is not needed for a defending champ.

Sigh.

it was confirmed that otis tried shipping redick in that deal instead of lee but the nets wanted lee or no deal.

quote:

quote:

Sigh.

it was confirmed that otis tried shipping redick in that deal instead of lee but the nets wanted lee or no deal.

This reaffirms my lack of faith in Otis. Fortunately it worked out.

quote:
Originally posted by ticks:

quote:

quote:

Sigh.

This reaffirms my lack of faith in Otis. Fortunately it worked out.

Lee > Redick