Sign in to follow this  
Berto

The "OFFICIAL" Offseason Thread

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

I read somewhere that Vasquez said that he thinks he's gonna shock a lot of people with where he's gonna get drafted. But you know he's always ****y like that lol.

this board blocks out CO* CKy??? SMH!!

Vasquez is no different to Matt Barnes in terms of confidence and not holding back on how he feels.

I for one welcome that. He'll obviously learn he isn't the man in the pros and adjust to find a common ground.

Terrico White seems to be our best bet.....combo guard to fill the backup point if we don't get Cj watson....It's either him or Mikhail Torrance another combo guard who is more of a pass-first from what i can see but he can also score and defend he would be a good pick as well

I really hope Otis is taking this draft seriously. All the reports of him not caring about this draft or looking to sell the pick better just be his poker face and some hack reporting.

quote:
Toney Douglas

Sam Young

Marcus Thornton

AJ Price

Chase Budinger

Jonas Jerebko

Jon Brockman

DeJaun Blair

DeAndre Jordan

Luc Mbah a Moute

Kyle Weaver

Chris Douglas-Roberts

Mario Chalmers

Sonny Weems

Bill Walker

Carl Landry

Glen Davis

Josh McRoberts

Ramon Sessions

Marc Gasol

Aaron Gray

Craig Smith

Paul Millsap

Leon Powe

Ryan Hollins

David Lee

CJ Miles

Brandon Bass

Ersan Ilyasova

Ronny Turiaf

Travis Diener

Von Wafer

Monta Ellis

Louis Williams

Andray Blatche

Ryan Gomes

Marcin Gortat

Anderson Varejao

Chris Duhon

Trevor Ariza

Josh Howard

Jason Kapono

Luke Walton

Steve Blake

Matt Bonner

Willie Green

Zaza Pachulia

Keith Bogans

Mo Williams

Kyle Korver

Roger Mason Jr.

Carlos Boozer

Dan Gadzuric

Juan Carlos Navarro

Flip Murray

Matt Barnes

Darius Songaila

Rasual Butler

Luis Scola

This doesn't include undrafted free agents or guys that were picked before the 29th pick. I stopped at the 2002 draft.

Any questions?

Mikhail Torrance wants people to stop calling him a combo guard. He says he's a pure point guard and that's what he wants his role to be in the NBA.

I like this kid already. Not to mention Deron Williams is his favorite player and he's been watching tape of his game to improve his PG skills!

quote:
"I'm a pure point, so don't call me a 'combo guard,''' he said with a smile last weekend after a recent workout. "If I was 6-2, there would be no discussion, but just because I'm bigger, people want to call me a 'combo guy.' I've been a point all my life. And I love the position. I was made for it.''

Torrance is a late-blooming, 6-foot-5 point guard from the University of Alabama, who didn't become a full-time starter until his senior year when he really displayed some NBA skills.

Both his size and his ambidexterity have made him an intriguing prospect as the draft approaches. Most draft boards now have him being picked in the early-to-middle second round, although recent workouts might be pushing him toward the end of the first.

"A combo guard is just a shooting guard in a point guard's body,'' he said. "I'm a strict point. I can lead a team and deliver the ball. I'm proud of my game, and I don't have anything to hide. It's why I'm working out for anyone who wants to see me.''

Article Here

Just because there is steals doesn't mean anything. If Otis doesn't like anyone available at 29, I'd rather he sell the pick than just draft someone and give them a guranteed contract to make Jareth happy. smile_svgsad.png

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Just because there is steals doesn't mean anything. If Otis doesn't like anyone available at 29, I'd rather he sell the pick than just draft someone and give them a guranteed contract to make Jareth happy. smile_svgsad.png

I know right. Maybe we'll just get Boozer and Amare instead.

I'm being realistic here. The draft is a great way to improve a roster. What's the 29th pick make anyway?

If not, trade the 29th and 59th for a higher 2nd.

Just because Otis doesn't like a guy doesn't mean he isn't a fit for this team. Otis isn't spot on 100% of the time you know.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

Mikhail Torrance wants people to stop calling him a combo guard. He says he's a pure point guard and that's what he wants his role to be in the NBA.

I like this kid already. Not to mention Deron Williams is his favorite player and he's been watching tape of his game to improve his PG skills!

quote:
"I'm a pure point, so don't call me a 'combo guard,''' he said with a smile last weekend after a recent workout. "If I was 6-2, there would be no discussion, but just because I'm bigger, people want to call me a 'combo guy.' I've been a point all my life. And I love the position. I was made for it.''

Torrance is a late-blooming, 6-foot-5 point guard from the University of Alabama, who didn't become a full-time starter until his senior year when he really displayed some NBA skills.

Both his size and his ambidexterity have made him an intriguing prospect as the draft approaches. Most draft boards now have him being picked in the early-to-middle second round, although recent workouts might be pushing him toward the end of the first.

"A combo guard is just a shooting guard in a point guard's body,'' he said. "I'm a strict point. I can lead a team and deliver the ball. I'm proud of my game, and I don't have anything to hide. It's why I'm working out for anyone who wants to see me.''

Article Here

but he is a combo guard, i.e. he can play shooting guard too.