Sign in to follow this  
DoYouBelieveInMagic92

Personal Opinion

I don't think we could win a championship with Rashard.I know he creates mis-matches in the line-up as a PF.But as evidence of the past two post-season,he disappears completely from the face of the earth.

Of course,I know someones gonna point out he had a good game in game 6,but listen to what you just said.Your defending him for one game.The last 5 games,we might as well went out on the court with just D12,'Meer,VC(he wasnt good either) and Barnes.

Look,I'm not saying we arent good,or anything of the sort.But you cant win a 'ship when your third best plaayer is wildy inconsistant and unaccounted for.Now speaking on VC,we need his contract after the '11 season,so we can pay D12 the max,cause I mean,c'mon,he's not getting less than a max contract.

I don't think we could win a championship with Rashard.I know he creates mis-matches in the line-up as a PF.But as evidence of the past two post-season,he disappears completely from the face of the earth.

Of course,I know someones gonna point out he had a good game in game 6,but listen to what you just said.Your defending him for one game.The last 5 games,we might as well went out on the court with just D12,'Meer,VC(he wasnt good either) and Barnes.

Look,I'm not saying we arent good,or anything of the sort.But you cant win a 'ship when your third best plaayer is wildy inconsistant and unaccounted for.Now speaking on VC,we need his contract after the '11 season,so we can pay D12 the max,cause I mean,c'mon,he's not getting less than a max contract.

Its all about adjustments. When the stretch-4 isn't working, move him to the SF. Did you see how great that worked in Game 5?

And Rashard disappeared ONLY against teams who took away the stretch-4. This is because Boston, like LA last year, were able to single cover Dwight.

We have to make adjustments QUICKLY (and not when we're down 0-3) and I am confident it will work.

Rashard Lewis didn't wasn't his best offensively during the series but he guarded Kevin Garnett amazingly well and I for one am happy that he's on our team. Yeah, there are things he can improve on, but he was not the problem.

And as for defending him for one game??? No, he was amazing through the first two series offensively and he did great defensively in the last series.

quote:
Originally posted by dreamingincolors:

Rashard Lewis didn't wasn't his best offensively during the series but he guarded Kevin Garnett amazingly well and I for one am happy that he's on our team. Yeah, there are things he can improve on, but he was not the problem.

And as for defending him for one game??? No, he was amazing through the first two series offensively and he did great defensively in the last series.

I like your signature, very clever and so true.

We should have played Shard at the 3 this series. It's all about who is playing who. Shard had Paula for lunch every time. I want Stan around until he doesn't want to be here but he needs to make adjustments a lot quicker. He also needs to stick with what is working until it isn't working anymore. That game 6 was so bewildering. Everything that worked in games 4 and 5 he went away from.

quote:
Originally posted by skinnyhoops:

quote:
Originally posted by dreamingincolors:

I like your signature, very clever and so true.

???

Oh you mean the words? I was thrown off because I didn't have a graphic piece in my signature. icon_smile.gif

Thank you.

Not Rashards fault Gundy does not have any plays in place for him. During the season he scores off Dwight being doubled.... and thats about it...

Gundy needs to coach better. Change up lineups to simulate problems that could be faced. Ie. running Lewis at Small forward.

quote:
Originally posted by DoYouBelieveInMagic92:

i'm going to have to assume that you did not watch a single playoff game last season and only started following the magic during this year's ECF. that's the only explanation i can think of for what you're trying to say here.

the problem is he is quiet and he takes what the team gives him. We need to give him the ball more. more plays and more involvement in the offense. If we did that, he would score...

when he has pf on him we should run screens for him... no big is running around screens.... when teams switch we post.... he has the skill but stan needs to use him... stan says it all the time... it not lewis's fault...