Sign in to follow this  
Die Mannschaft

Should the team keep vince,give him another shot?

vc did not step up when need... the big miss at the line, the disappearing act in the 4th. there were a lot of problems; like his fg%. he was brought here to be a closer but he failed. He never acted like a superstar at 17mil. I rather keep jj.

I wasnt even upset with his bad offensive games but the fact he could not step up in any other areas was disheartening. He showed no heart...

at least lewis held his own on defense... allen and paul took turns raping vc... even my wife, who does not watch bball, closed her eyes; when vc was playing. it was epic failure.

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

No.

VC's play does not fit into our system. He doesn't make plays and doesn't get the rim consistently to get easy buckets and to free up our perimeter players.

We need a trade ASAP.

I've seen vince make plenty of plays for this team and no one gets to the rim consistently other than dwight howard, so what the **** are you talking about.

You shouldn't take it word-for-word. Obviously if any player is on the court, he's making plays lol.

I believe what he is saying is that he doesn't make the plays that he used to. The VC that I loved pre-Magic, was an attacker and a seemingly unstoppable slasher to the basket. He made a few great drives per game, but he never commanded the respect of the defense. When he drives and scores at will, it opens up the perimeter for open looks, especially when Dwight isn't in the game. That is the Vince we wanted, we didn't get that Vince.

You're so full of **** it stinks. First of all, Vince isn't even the number 1 option on this team, howard is. On almost every possession the team gets the ball to howard. You can't expect vince to command respect from the defense when the team doesn't even look to get him the ball. Second, when howard went out of the game because of foul trouble in game 6, 2nd quarter, Vince got the team back within 13 from 21. In the 3rd quarter howard was once again 1st option, they never went back to vince.

Okay? First of all, don't tell me that I'm full of ****, when you are clearly blinded by some sort of fanboy love of VC. I'll try and explain this clearly...

-Dwight is the focal point of our offense, but we have found that when he is doubled and fouled, we are less efficient (he is a very poor free throw shooter and he is prone to TOs when doubled).

-Vince was acquired for the Magic to slash and take pressure off of Dwight. Oh, and score.

-Vince, before he came to the Magic, was known for said attribute, slashing.

-When he attacks the rim with consistency, he is very effective and thus commands the respect of the D.

-They may change defensive schemes to protect the flaw in their defense, which will open up shooters on the perimeter.

To address your point on Howard further...yes, he is our number one option, but we defer to other options quicker than you may think. His post game is porous and professional coaches see this. He is known for his defensive ability and is utilized mostly in that sense. We go to Dwight because it opens up our shooters..if he has an opening, fine, he'll take it, but the ultimate goal is to create shots for his teammates.

Oh, and I'm not talking about one game, I'm talking about the whole d@mn season

This must've been your first season watching vince, He wasn't known for being a slasher last season either so get your facts straight. I think he attacked the basket as much this season as he did last season. I've been watching vince for 10 years so I know what i'm talking about. Vince is more productive when he's the number 1 option. In my opinion, howard should never be the #1 option because he's a terrible free throw shooter. He draws more fouls than he makes FGs so he's at the line clank'n free throws most of the time. Sorry, but you're facts are a little cloudy right now.

Celtic Series-

Game 1 23 points

Game 2 16 points

Game 3 15 points

Games 4&5 3&8 points, less than 10 shot attempts for both games. Too much howard I guess.

Game 6 17 points.

If you ask me, i'd say he did his part. Don't expect him to have superstar numbers because the magic team **** sure doesn't treat him like one.

I've watched Vince for years. I always order the NBA League Pass Package so I can watch all my NBA games (it's a good deal by the way, I really recommend it for basketball lovers).

Anyway, Vince may have been less of a slasher in recent years, but we signed him to fill that role. It may have been too much to ask of him, but that is still what we wanted him to fulfill, we wanted him to be a slasher and a scorer. We wanted him to become the playmaker and closer that we needed. We wanted and we wanted, but it may have been overwhelming to put all that expectation on a guy. After the staff realized this, they most likely stapled Dwight as the #1.

You are right, this year Dwight shouldn't have been the #1 because of his offensive flaws, but we had no one to turn to. VC isn't what we expected him to be...the take over player. It isn't exactly his fault though, it was the organization's.

And if you really want to put the Boston series in perspective..yes, he got into double figures in 4 games (like we expect him to) but he shot so poorly. For the series he shot 29-79 in FG, which totals out to a whopping 36.7% FG percentage...not what we want from a premiere scorer.

And you shouldn't have posted this at all, man..seriously?

quote:
Games 4&5 3&8 points, less than 10 shot attempts for both games. Too much howard I guess.

I reckon this is as good a place as any to ask this question:

If we were to buy Vince out, would his 17 million or whatever come off our salary cap right away, or do you have to wait a year or some type of grace period like that?

Also, if it does come off right away, how much, if any, would that get us under the cap? Meaning, how much would we we have to offer a free agent that isn't one of our own or one that we don't have to work a sign and trade for?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

VC's play does not fit into our system. He doesn't make plays and doesn't get the rim consistently to get easy buckets and to free up our perimeter players.

We need a trade ASAP.

I've seen vince make plenty of plays for this team and no one gets to the rim consistently other than dwight howard, so what the **** are you talking about.

You shouldn't take it word-for-word. Obviously if any player is on the court, he's making plays lol.

I believe what he is saying is that he doesn't make the plays that he used to. The VC that I loved pre-Magic, was an attacker and a seemingly unstoppable slasher to the basket. He made a few great drives per game, but he never commanded the respect of the defense. When he drives and scores at will, it opens up the perimeter for open looks, especially when Dwight isn't in the game. That is the Vince we wanted, we didn't get that Vince.

You're so full of **** it stinks. First of all, Vince isn't even the number 1 option on this team, howard is. On almost every possession the team gets the ball to howard. You can't expect vince to command respect from the defense when the team doesn't even look to get him the ball. Second, when howard went out of the game because of foul trouble in game 6, 2nd quarter, Vince got the team back within 13 from 21. In the 3rd quarter howard was once again 1st option, they never went back to vince.

Okay? First of all, don't tell me that I'm full of ****, when you are clearly blinded by some sort of fanboy love of VC. I'll try and explain this clearly...

-Dwight is the focal point of our offense, but we have found that when he is doubled and fouled, we are less efficient (he is a very poor free throw shooter and he is prone to TOs when doubled).

-Vince was acquired for the Magic to slash and take pressure off of Dwight. Oh, and score.

-When he attacks the rim with consistency, he is very effective and thus commands the respect of the D.

-They may change defensive schemes to protect the flaw in their defense, which will open up shooters on the perimeter.

To address your point on Howard further...yes, he is our number one option, but we defer to other options quicker than you may think. His post game is porous and professional coaches see this. He is known for his defensive ability and is utilized mostly in that sense. We go to Dwight because it opens up our shooters..if he has an opening, fine, he'll take it, but the ultimate goal is to create shots for his teammates.

This must've been your first season watching vince, He wasn't known for being a slasher last season either so get your facts straight. I think he attacked the basket as much this season as he did last season. I've been watching vince for 10 years so I know what i'm talking about. Vince is more productive when he's the number 1 option. In my opinion, howard should never be the #1 option because he's a terrible free throw shooter. He draws more fouls than he makes FGs so he's at the line clank'n free throws most of the time. Sorry, but you're facts are a little cloudy right now.

Celtic Series-

Game 1 23 points

Game 2 16 points

Game 3 15 points

Game 6 17 points.

If you ask me, i'd say he did his part. Don't expect him to have superstar numbers because the magic team **** sure doesn't treat him like one.

I've watched Vince for years. I always order the NBA League Pass Package so I can watch all my NBA games (it's a good deal by the way, I really recommend it for basketball lovers).

Anyway, Vince may have been less of a slasher in recent years, but we signed him to fill that role. It may have been too much to ask of him, but that is still what we wanted him to fulfill, we wanted him to be a slasher and a scorer. We wanted him to become the playmaker and closer that we needed. We wanted and we wanted, but it may have been overwhelming to put all that expectation on a guy. After the staff realized this, they most likely stapled Dwight as the #1.

You are right, this year Dwight shouldn't have been the #1 because of his offensive flaws, but we had no one to turn to. VC isn't what we expected him to be...the take over player. It isn't exactly his fault though, it was the organization's.

And if you really want to put the Boston series in perspective..yes, he got into double figures in 4 games (like we expect him to) but he shot so poorly. For the series he shot 29-79 in FG, which totals out to a whopping 36.7% FG percentage...not what we want from a premiere scorer.

quote:

I don't remember them giving vince the ball at the end of either of the games in the celtic series so **** all that closer ****. in game 6, vince stepped up when howard was on the bench with foul trouble only to get a slap in the face for his efforts. They go back to feeding howard every possession in the 3rd quarter.

Regardless of what you have to say, no one can blame vince for the loss of this series. If anything I would blame the coach for his poor coaching strategy.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

We need a trade ASAP.

Celtic Series-

Game 1 23 points

Game 2 16 points

Game 3 15 points

Game 6 17 points.

quote:

I don't remember them giving vince the ball at the end of either of the games in the celtic series so **** all that closer ****. in game 6, vince stepped up when howard was on the bench with foul trouble only to get a slap in the face for his efforts. They go back to feeding howard every possession in the 3rd quarter.

Regardless of what you have to say, no one can blame vince for the loss of this series. If anything I would blame the coach for his poor coaching strategy.

I'm not blaming him for the loss of the series, pal. I'm just saying he isn't what we needed for a championship. We needed a go-to closer, a slasher and efficient scorer. He is a volume scorer, someone who needs a lot of shot attempts to get his scoring up.

nope.

if we trade him and lets say...after next season when no one gives him the team option and he's forced to sign for the vet minimum then I'd be ok with him coming back to orlando and playing off the bench......

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

nope.

if we trade him and lets say...after next season when no one gives him the team option and he's forced to sign for the vet minimum then I'd be ok with him coming back to orlando and playing off the bench......

He will be a great bench player!!!