Sign in to follow this  
Die Mannschaft

Should the team keep vince,give him another shot?

Despite ending the season on a high note,he was MIA in the playoffs. Maybe he needs one more to get settled in? Perhaps the chemistry that we thought was there wasn't there.IMO,vince is leaving,but what if they decide to keep him, can we trust him to perform better next time in the playoffs under pressure and scrutiny?

Despite ending the season on a high note,he was MIA in the playoffs. Maybe he needs one more to get settled in? Perhaps the chemistry that we thought was there wasn't there.IMO,vince is leaving,but what if they decide to keep him, can we trust him to perform better next time in the playoffs under pressure and scrutiny?

That would be beyond risky. Maybe keep him until next year's trade deadline and then shop around, but you still can't gauge what he"ll do in next year's postseason by the first half of next season.

No.

VC's play does not fit into our system. He doesn't make plays and doesn't get the rim consistently to get easy buckets and to free up our perimeter players.

We need a trade ASAP.

Keeping Vince and hoping he will improve is the definition of insanity. He's going to be another year older, why would we expect him to get better?

This team NEEDS a wing player than can create his own offense in situations where Dwight is single teamed and the three point shooters can't be let loose. We thought VC was the man for the job, but he was nowhere to be found in the ECF when we needed him.

We need someone younger, we need someone who can create offense.

I don't ever want to see Vince Carter in a Magic jersey again.

I am thinking of giving away my blue Vince jersey...either that, or I will be burning it.

lol burning it because the magic team got knocked out in ECF? nice.

wonder what Cavs fans are doing.

but ya I'd say it'd be a risk. He's gonna be older and is losing his skill.

The only bright side of it is that the chemistry would still be there, and our team wouldnt have to start over readjusting theyd be ready to go from opening tip.

so he'd know system better. but at same time would be getting a older.

the only way carter should stay is if we got someone like stoudamire at pf and moved shard to the 3. Otherwise goodbye

Only if he takes this off season seriously builds his body up so he isn't a slouch and they get Rashard out and bring in another small forward and move Gortat to PF or Bass.

Which I hope would be Turkalou since he looks like he's leaving Toronto, and they need a new Coach as well because no one on that team respects Stan.. they like him but they don't respect him.. they need someone who doesn't stick with the same strategy when things don't work and can sit people when they are not performing.

I say keep him till the trade deadline. See if the Vince of the playoffs is the Vince of today and if it is ship him off, or see if you can get an awesome move for a big name wing for his expiring.