Sign in to follow this  
celtsfan

Congrats on a tough series

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

Game 2 was the dagger. Executing better a couple of more plays there, assuming the same outcome in the other games, would have given the Magic a 3-2 lead going into BOS and this series would still be on today for a 7th game.

Too bad a couple of more FTs couldn't be made, or some other play couldn't be executed in crunch time.

I agree. Game 2 definitely was the dagger. I mean, Vince really hurted our chances when he took that circus shot with about a minute left in the game. The lane was open for him, and he clearly had Big Baby beat, but instead of taking it strong to the basket, he instead try to be "Half man-Half amazing" and threw up that bullsh1t shot.

As far as the Celtics, I think they should all send Mike D'Antoni Christmas card, for basically giving them Rondo for free. That trade is now looking like one of the "steals" of the decade. He also gave them Nate Robinson, too. But I think that was a pretty fair trade for both teams, since the Knicks ended up getting a player that they really like in Bill Walker.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

How does it feel to be a fan of a franchise with 40 championships? How can you get yourself excited for another one? What's the point of playing the season if the same teams win every time?

Even though the C's have 17, the Lakers are the more impressive franshise over the years because they have had barely any competitive dropoff. A down year for the Lakers is being eliminated in the 1st round where the C's spent the 90's and 00's in the gutter. I do not count the years of Walker and Pierce good years because they were playing for which team gets to be crushed in the Finals which that honor went to the Nets. Another example is a T'Mac led teams was good enough for a 4 seed back then.

If it were not for the 60's run, the Celtics would be behind the Knicks.

IMO, Lakers are the #1 franchise in the history of the NBA.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:
Originally posted by celtsfan:

I wouldn't call them dirty, which to me means deliberately trying to injure or reckless fouling that could cause injury.

So, you didn't see KG trying to break Dwights arm in Game 6....

Haven't heard an explanation on that, but my hunch is that Garnett was furious about the hit on Davis (who he treats like his son), plus he took a couple of Howard's elbows to the head and neck himself earlier. He also knew the refs would be allowing a little payback after the Perkins fiasco.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

How does it feel to be a fan of a franchise with 40 championships? How can you get yourself excited for another one? What's the point of playing the season if the same teams win every time?

Even though the C's have 17, the Lakers are the more impressive franshise over the years because they have had barely any competitive dropoff. A down year for the Lakers is being eliminated in the 1st round where the C's spent the 90's and 00's in the gutter. I do not count the years of Walker and Pierce good years because they were playing for which team gets to be crushed in the Finals which that honor went to the Nets. Another example is a T'Mac led teams was good enough for a 4 seed back then.

If it were not for the 60's run, the Celtics would be behind the Knicks.

IMO, Lakers are the #1 franchise in the history of the NBA.

True, the franchise was down and out for many years, but it was due to the death of Len Bias in 1987, the death of the great Reggie Lewis a few years later in his prime, and Rick Pitino's years as chief idiot. They should have had another generation of great teams but it was all lost due to those events. So some hard luck and then Pitino was just a joke.

Despite that, the facts are the facts and the Celtics still have more rings than the Lakers, plus they're something like 10-2 in head to head Finals. Boston would have also beat them in 1987 if McHale didn't have a broken foot. And they're going to grab this one from LA just like so many others where the Lakers "were more talented".

quote:

quote:

quote:

I wouldn't call them dirty, which to me means deliberately trying to injure or reckless fouling that could cause injury.

Haven't heard an explanation on that, but my hunch is that Garnett was furious about the hit on Davis (who he treats like his son), plus he took a couple of Howard's elbows to the head and neck himself earlier. He also knew the refs would be allowing a little payback after the Perkins fiasco.

You mean the hit caused by Nate's foul (I mean block)? C'mon. Hopefully Garnett and the refs are smart enough to look at some tape. Or maybe not.... Garnett's been doing this way too long to even need an explanation. Players have commented on his cheap shots. Fact is he gets away with it and that's all there is to it. Just like how he can taunt players with no threat of a T. It's the loose interpretation of NBA rules that keeps this sport from actually growing because most people think it's suspect.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Perkins "fiasco"? Please. I've seen Howard get T'd up for less...besides one of the T's were rescinded anyway.

It doesn't matter who KG thinks Davis' daddy is...he is a punk *** *****.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Perkins "fiasco"? Please. I've seen Howard get T'd up for less...besides one of the T's were rescinded anyway.

Garnett's got a screw loose, everyone knows that. But he's also calculating and smart, and he knew that after Perkins got wrongly tossed in the 2nd qtr of g5, together with the Big baby incident, he was going to get away with some stuff. Plus he'd had enough of Howard. So he took advantage, probably hoping to get Howard's mind off the game and on him. Not a bad tactic, really, even though DH didn't take the bait.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Am I really the only person that realized this?...

quote:

Celtsfan has no idea what he's talking about. He's a homer who is just trying to justify what KG (you know, the little girl on Boston who plays basketball) tried to do to DH.

How is Perkins being ejected Howards fault? Perkins mouthed off to the refs and paid for it. Howard has suffered for it before, so don't act like we don't know how it feels like.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Garnett's got a screw loose, everyone knows that. But he's also calculating and smart, and he knew that after Perkins got wrongly tossed in the 2nd qtr of g5, together with the Big baby incident, he was going to get away with some stuff. Plus he'd had enough of Howard. So he took advantage, probably hoping to get Howard's mind off the game and on him. Not a bad tactic, really, even though DH didn't take the bait.

This is why most other basketball fans hate celtics fans. You see one of your players intentionally try to injure one of our players and excuse it.

Perkins getting "wrongly tossed" in the previous game had nothing to do with Dwight, that was on the refs. And Davis was injured because he bodied up under Dwight while he was in the air. Now I don't know if you're aware of this, and I suspect it was news to Davis, but this result was easily predictable if you understand that Superman is just a nick name and he's subject to the law of gravity just like everyone else.

Howard had no intent to injure Davis. Garnett had intent to injure Dwight. You think that's ok. That marks you as just another ******bag Celtics fan despite your civil tone.

quote:

Howard had no intent to injure Davis. Garnett had intent to injure Dwight. You think that's ok. That marks you as just another ******bag Celtics fan despite your civil tone.

If this is what he really thinks (and from what I can tell, he does) then he has no place here among logical discussion.

quote:

quote:

Celtsfan has no idea what he's talking about. He's a homer who is just trying to justify what KG (you know, the little girl on Boston who plays basketball) tried to do to DH.

How is Perkins being ejected Howards fault? Perkins mouthed off to the refs and paid for it. Howard has suffered for it before, so don't act like we don't know how it feels like.

Obivously. Also, did anyone else see during that incident between KG and Dwight, the expression on Rashard's face. I don't think I have ever seen so much emotion out of him in my entire life.