Sign in to follow this  
Die Mannschaft

The Orlando Magic team Owes the fans.....

A new and improved Dwight Howard. This lose is just what howard needed.A wake up call to put more work in his game and to finally mature a bit.

SVG will be still with us. He's one of my favorite coaches in the NBA. But he needs to work harder this summer to rebuild the team into

a Contender,not quitters.

A Great season in the Amway Center. A new home means a new start for the team.

Otis to make sure to give us to right pieces so this team can go back to Playoffs prepared and ready to handle teams like Boston.

60+ win season and a Larry O'Brien trophy.

A new and improved Dwight Howard. This lose is just what howard needed.A wake up call to put more work in his game and to finally mature a bit.

SVG will be still with us. He's one of my favorite coaches in the NBA. But he needs to work harder this summer to rebuild the team into

a Contender,not quitters.

A Great season in the Amway Center. A new home means a new start for the team.

Otis to make sure to give us to right pieces so this team can go back to Playoffs prepared and ready to handle teams like Boston.

60+ win season and a Larry O'Brien trophy.

60+ wins? You do realize the 3 teams left in the running for that O'brien trophy have less than 60 wins, right?

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

If this didn't wake him up last season....nothing will!

i don't really think that occasion woke him up as much as yesterday's loss did. we were kind of in a happy to be there mode still even though we lost the nba finals. i didn't really sense the real hurt inside for Dwight.

this year, we were one of the legitimate favorites (most ESPN analysts chose us to beat Boston). the picture below says it all. he looks genuinely hurt inside.

I think this offseason, Dwight will take a giant leap forward.

54010472.jpg

Howard was incredible this series. Sure, his rebounding numbers weren't that great, but his offense really impressed me. He did have 2 pretty awful games, but 4 games he was great. ****, look at it this way: The two best players to guard Dwight (Perkins and Sheed... Sheed more mentally than anything) not named Yao held him to 21.8 ppg on 57% shooting. He had two 30+ games and a 28pt game, with two awful games (combined 6-20). 4 out of 6 ain't bad.

Howard started out horrible and looked like Boston's b****, but really figured it out and became dominant the rest of the series.

He was pretty bad the first few losses though.

I think he's fine though. I expect improvement

What the hell are you talking about? Dwight did GREAT against Boston.

It as mainly VC and Shard that did not show up.

However, I don't blame Shard because it was bad coaching that did not allow him to get going. In this series, he needed to be at the 3 to be effective.

Don't get me wrong. Stan is a great coach and is what this team needs to keep going strong. It's that he really dropped the ball, in terms of adjustments and rotations, in this series.

I do, however, blame VC. He sucked in every single way.

Howard was fine. Carter is the goat in this series. He was brought in specifically to create his own shot and be a closer. He flat out didn't do his job.

Dwight will progress naturally. Hes still just a kid and he'll get better but hes certainly not the problem with the team.

Carter (1&6) did the same thing that Rashard (4&5) and Jameer (1,4,&5) did. He showed up for only 2 or 3 games and that was it. That and the bench was just as inconsistent. There is no "goat" or "one guy who held us back" in this series. One man can't single handedly win a series and neither can one man lose it.

I don't think I could be more happy with Dwight Howard though. I was worried that Boston was gonna get in his head. Frustrate him. Make him get technicals and possibly hurt him.

Instead it was Dwight Howard who got in the heads of Boston. There media ran stories about injuring him (the lowest of the low), he drove KG to hitting him with his elbow on purpose twice in front of the ref (I use to respect KG, lost a lot for him in that moment), and he made Boston pay for crowding him to much by throwing his body around. He was bigger, stronger, faster, and simply better then everyone on the entire Celtics lineup and he knew it. Dwight has broken that mental barrier. Now comes the free throws.