Sign in to follow this  
cpower

What we learn from the series

We learned that if Nelson plays good we win, if not we lose. In other words, pg is a weakness we need to address.

We learned we still need a playmaker that can create his own shot or make the good pass. Carter & Lewis are unlikely to become what we need.

We learned that Free Throws and turnovers are weaknesses that cost us far too much.

1. Investments in fools gold doesn't pay dividends in the playoffs.

2. SVG is too stubborn. Needs to make this team more versatile & put individuals in a better position to succeed outside the framework of his system.

3. Nothing will ever inspire VC to sell out

Things we learned?

1. We need a backup PG.

2. Bass should play every game off the bench.

3. Lewis has an underrated postup game and can school anyone if he is matched up with a 3 on the block. He can be utilized better than just a spotup 3 point shooter.

4. We need another big guy to replace Gortat since he's probably gonna be gone.

5. Vince Carter is done for. It's only downhill from here I'm afraid.

6. Jameer Nelson is still inconsistent.

7. JJ Redick is an amazing bench player and deserves to be a part of our hunt for a championship in the future.

8. Dwight Howard took another step towards greatness in this series.

9. I think Courtney Lee would have been better than Vince for this team. That trade was a waste now.

Finally...

10. The Celtics flop and fake injuries more than any other team. It's pretty bad. Is that really what it takes to win championships in the NBA? You have to play the refs? You can flop, act hurt, and use the media to hypnotize the league and its officials to call games in a manner that benefits you. It's not new. The Celtics have this down to a science. The Spurs did too when they won their championships. I'd rather my team win it all by just playing basketball better than the other team. I'm not saying the Celtics weren't the better team in this series, just that they sure know how to play the officials like a fiddle. It's smart really. Just not my style.