Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Dwight: Dirty player?

quote:
Originally posted by bigtripp71:

my comment

[Comment From Tripper]

I think the elbows are more a fact of the great post defense boston plays. They get real close too you and are always in your personal space. Dwight plays with his elbows up because hes always ready to rebound the ball. The Celts are so close to him when he comes down its like putting a square peg in a round hole the elbows gotta go somewhere.

Friday May 28, 2010 2:20 Tripper

2:22

J. A. Adande:

the only issue I have is when he swings the elbow or leads with the elbow. It's one thing to hold them up to protect the ball. But when you lead with them as you turn, that's when guys get caught. That time he nailed Garnett in the back of the head (the one that subsequently was upgraded to a flagrant 1) was definitely "advertent" (Is that the opposite of "inadvertent"?)

haha...so what should he do? pull the ball down below his waist so he can pivot gently to turn around and find his PG..haha...ppl are absolutely retarded

That Sawx blog is the most ridiculous crap I've ever seen. Some people are so blind by homerism it's ridiculous. I seriously feel I could write a book on how stupid this whole argument is, but by the time I was done this series will be all over with and nobody will buy it so what's the point.

Seriously though, more than anyone in the league, Rondo gets in there after a rebound and swipes it away, sorry if Dwight gets the ball up high like you're taught to do and turns to see who's around him.

If Boston fans and players really think Dwight is dirty than they're a bunch words relating to anatomy that I just won't type.

Ridiculous.

quote:

J. A. Adande:

the only issue I have is when he swings the elbow or leads with the elbow. It's one thing to hold them up to protect the ball. But when you lead with them as you turn, that's when guys get caught. That time he nailed Garnett in the back of the head (the one that subsequently was upgraded to a flagrant 1) was definitely "advertent" (Is that the opposite of "inadvertent"?)

Obviously, JA Adande has no appreciation of the finer points of NBA Jam style basketball, which is clearly the style of basketball preferred by Dwight.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:

J. A. Adande:

Obviously, JA Adande has no appreciation of the finer points of NBA Jam style basketball, which is clearly the style of basketball preferred by Dwight.

Even the foul he is talking about I have no problem with it being a foul but come on a flagrant... i guess hes blacklisted now cuz of Dalembert.

It's easy for player to look dirty when the team he's playing against is a bunch of prissy, whining fairies.

I've never seen a team praised so highly for its toughness and grit suddenly become the helpless victim of overly-physical play. It is honestly laughable to see an entire city ***** and moan as a result of getting completely punked.

Wow what a joke. I grew up watching the Pistons in the 80's and THAT was some dirty playing. Bill Laimbeer was an all out thug on the court. Dwight is a kitten compared to that style of play.

quote:
Originally posted by YoshiMon:

Wow what a joke. I grew up watching the Pistons in the 80's and THAT was some dirty playing. Bill Laimbeer was an all out thug on the court. Dwight is a kitten compared to that style of play.

dont forget kurt rambis's offensive foul on mchale in the 84 finals lol

he will probably always be percieved that way unless he was the center on their teams..much like we say stuff about lebron if he was on the magic our tune would change..everyone looks through their teams glasses..