Sign in to follow this  
Dave Lubinsky

Bring Carter off the Bench

From ESPN's John Hollinger! Hollinger: On recent form it seems like the right move -- Redick has defended Ray Allen as well as anyone else on Orlando's roster and his shot seems in better shape than Carter's.

The one lingering doubt in my head is one of ceilings. Orlando can get a 30-point game from Carter at some point; the same can't be said for Redick. That's why I think starting Cater and using a quick hook if he struggles remains the best option.

quote:
Originally posted by gigapika:

vc has been heartless in this series(except game1), hasnt taken responsibility yet and hasnt tried.

Several Magic playersa have been heartless in this series. None of them have taken responsibility, and none of them have tried to.

quote:
Originally posted by VC_Fan:

quote:

vc has been heartless in this series(except game1), hasnt taken responsibility yet and hasnt tried.

Several Magic playersa have been heartless in this series. None of them have taken responsibility, and none of them have tried to.

the attitude of vince carter has been MUCH worse than the rest of the team, atleast they have tried and have shown heart, will and determination....

vince .. for the last two games, has SUCKED... both his playing and his mentality....

i still dont believe he should come from the bench, and hope he finds his groove today.. but at the same time, i admit he hasn't been good AT ALL....

is it that hard to admit a Fact?

quote:
Originally posted by anish_vince:

quote:

quote:

the attitude of vince carter has been MUCH worse than the rest of the team, atleast they have tried and have shown heart, will and determination....

vince .. for the last two games, has SUCKED... both his playing and his mentality....

i still dont believe he should come from the bench, and hope he finds his groove today.. but at the same time, i admit he hasn't been good AT ALL....

is it that hard to admit a Fact?

How has Vince not "tried"? Do explain. He's in a shooting slump. That doesn't mean he's not trying to hit shots. People say he's settling for jumpers, avoiding contact, not driving, not getting to the foul line enough, etc. But aren't guys like Rashard Lewis and Michael Pietrus even more guilty of "settling for jumpers" and "avoiding contact" than Vince? How many threes have those two guys taken? How many times have they "attacked the basket" and gotten to the foul line? They've been MUCH more passive and soft in terms of driving the ball than Vince. So if you criticize Vince you must criticize them even more.

I haven't seen an ounce of heart from either of those guys. And the ONLY reason I bring this up is to show the hypocrisy of people who only criticize Vince, and don't criticize other players who are guilty of the exact same things. Otherwise I never would have brought Pietrus or Lewis up at all.

>>vince .. for the last two games, has SUCKED... both his playing and his mentality....<<

And if Lewis had not sucked the first two games, the Magic would have already won the series 4-1. He was TERRIBLE in 2 close losses. He showed no heart whatsoever in those games, just jacking up (and bricking) three after three after three.

>>is it that hard to admit a Fact?<<

A lot of Magic players have sucked in the playoffs. I guess they should all come off the bench.

quote:

quote:

A lot of Magic players have sucked in the playoffs. I guess they should all come off the bench.

You fail to understand the simple fact that while Lewis did not play well at all in the first two games (with a ****ing viral infection), he has not played worse than Anderson/Bass, so there's no reason to bring it up. Redick HAS outplayed Carter and so that's why it's a much more valid question. Oh, and regardless of not being aggressive offensively, Lewis has still played great defense on KG.

I'd start Vince and monitor him for the first 5mins. If he is doing squat...like not taking the ball to the hole or poor defense...I'd pull him for Reddick. Poor Vince just doesn't have the speed to get around guys like he use to. Not on a regular basis anyway. But now is not the time to be worried about Vince's feelings. He's a big boy. He understands that.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:

You fail to understand the simple fact that while Lewis did not play well at all in the first two games (with a ****ing viral infection), he has not played worse than Anderson/Bass, so there's no reason to bring it up. Redick HAS outplayed Carter and so that's why it's a much more valid question. Oh, and regardless of not being aggressive offensively, Lewis has still played great defense on KG.

I'm not speaking only of Lewis. I said "a lot". Two would not be a lot now would it.

And I hate to sound like a broken record, but it seems like some of you are wearing ear plugs - kicking a player when he's down, when he's in a slump, while the season is STILL GOING is NOT productive. It does no good at all. This is why you NEVER see me start a thread that such-and-such player is sucking. Don't believe me? Check my post history. I also never criticize a player's play except to show the hypocrisy of someone else criticizing another player's play. Go ahead again, check my post history.

Look...we won the last two games with Vince playing poorly. I think starting Reddick would be a great distraction at this point as do more harm than good. Reddick IS playing much better than Vince and will get more minutes than Vince if Vince is not producing.