Sign in to follow this  
Magics Fan from Syria

Biggest obstacle ahead of us

There is no doubt in my mind that the NBA wants a classic Celtics:Lakers Finals, and through the referees they will try everything they can to make it happen.

I expect Dwight to get in early foul trouble, the Celtics going to the foul line lots of times, and anytime the momentum seems to be with us, ticky tacky fouls, 3 seconds calls, etc to hold us back.

The odds are so much against us winning this series, starting from the 0-93 statistic of comebacks from a 0-3 deficit, to Vince Carter not stepping up, to us booing David Stern, and us in the finals would not be as exciting for the NBA and the world then the good old Celtics:Lakers Championship fight.

I cannot wait to Friday night, I have watched every single game this season, I have woken up or stayed awake until 2 and 3 o clock in the morning for the games to start, I cant mentally check out of thinking about this game, I wish I could fast forward life to Friday night tip off. The most important game of the season, the most important game of this franchise, most important game of Vince Carters career.

IF this is the last game I want to thank everybody in the Forums and who was in the chatroom during the games. I dont have anybody to watch the games with, I dont know anybody to talk about the Orlando Magic, and beeing in the chatroom with fellow Magic fans watching all the games this year was like sitting with friends watching a game, all rooting for the same team. That I appreciate. Thanks

There is no doubt in my mind that the NBA wants a classic Celtics:Lakers Finals, and through the referees they will try everything they can to make it happen.

I expect Dwight to get in early foul trouble, the Celtics going to the foul line lots of times, and anytime the momentum seems to be with us, ticky tacky fouls, 3 seconds calls, etc to hold us back.

The odds are so much against us winning this series, starting from the 0-93 statistic of comebacks from a 0-3 deficit, to Vince Carter not stepping up, to us booing David Stern, and us in the finals would not be as exciting for the NBA and the world then the good old Celtics:Lakers Championship fight.

I cannot wait to Friday night, I have watched every single game this season, I have woken up or stayed awake until 2 and 3 o clock in the morning for the games to start, I cant mentally check out of thinking about this game, I wish I could fast forward life to Friday night tip off. The most important game of the season, the most important game of this franchise, most important game of Vince Carters career.

IF this is the last game I want to thank everybody in the Forums and who was in the chatroom during the games. I dont have anybody to watch the games with, I dont know anybody to talk about the Orlando Magic, and beeing in the chatroom with fellow Magic fans watching all the games this year was like sitting with friends watching a game, all rooting for the same team. That I appreciate. Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

I know every crew is different, but the refs sure didn't seem to be favoring boston last game..

Hoping we can get em back

Its up to the Magic to put themselves in a position to win, with the refs on there side or the refs on bostons side, doesnt matter.

I spoke to a lot of friends who do not go for Magic nor celtics. And they all thought Magic were favoured in the last game. I disagreed. I thought it was called even and consistently with the tic tac fouls in the post (thank god Hakeem spoke with Howard, because since then Howard has played very cleverly) Gortat got some and the Celtics people got some as well.

I hope the refs call the game the same way.

vince is my one true worry in game 6......

what i'm scared of is the celtics probably try to give vince a lot space so jameer can kick it out to him because they know the heartless ******* will be chucking bad shots all game. perk and kg will be trying to box out dwight as often as possible for rebounds.

i wish someone on the magic would step up like a true leader and put vince in his place the same way kobe or kg does when their teammates start playing badly. if someone had a nice stern talk with vince i'm sure he'd stap out of this nonsense and start playing basketball. but dwight is too **** nice and no one on that team will curse someone out for playing bad. there is no true leader on this team.

i dunno......whatever happens happens

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

what i'm scared of is the celtics probably try to give vince a lot space so jameer can kick it out to him because they know the heartless ******* will be chucking bad shots all game. perk and kg will be trying to box out dwight as often as possible for rebounds.

i wish someone on the magic would step up like a true leader and put vince in his place the same way kobe or kg does when their teammates start playing badly. if someone had a nice stern talk with vince i'm sure he'd stap out of this nonsense and start playing basketball. but dwight is too **** nice and no one on that team will curse someone out for playing bad. there is no true leader on this team.

i don't see that happening...svg knows this is an elimination game and won't hesitate to pull him..he has been on a short leash lately and jj has been getting more minutes..

At this point imo the Celtics injuries are equal with what the NBA's refs will be able to give them. Further their home floor is nothing that the Magic have not already shown that they can deal with.

If the Magic show up and again take an early lead and hold it this is going to a game 7.

quote:

quote:

i don't see that happening...svg knows this is an elimination game and won't hesitate to pull him..he has been on a short leash lately and jj has been getting more minutes..

well yea I know jj is getting more minutes and has been playing well in this series but offensively vince is more skilled and can make plays and get to the basket but he chooses to play soft and shoot fade aways and chuck 3s all day.. jj has been doing the **** thing but he settles for a lot of jumpers and doesn't attack the basket a lot and isn't much of a great passer or play maker.

quote:

quote:

quote:

well yea I know jj is getting more minutes and has been playing well in this series but offensively vince is more skilled and can make plays and get to the basket but he chooses to play soft and shoot fade aways and chuck 3s all day.. jj has been doing the **** thing but he settles for a lot of jumpers and doesn't attack the basket a lot and isn't much of a great passer or play maker.

Are you serious?

Have you been watching this series at all?

Redick has made some great plays and he is an above average passer, and does get into the lanes.

Your comment could not be more wrong. The only thing you got right was that jj is getting more minutes.

Hey you probably just check the box scores, right?

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Are you serious?

Have you been watching this series at all?

Redick has made some great plays and he is an above average passer, and does get into the lanes.

Your comment could not be more wrong. The only thing you got right was that jj is getting more minutes.

Hey you probably just check the box scores, right?

I am almost certain that Debonair is a Celtics fan. I was reading RealGM Celtics and they were discussing how the NBA fixed games 4 and 5 to extend the series and that Dwight is a dirty player. One poster there sounded exactly like this Debonair dude.

I am a little worried about ref cheating too, but refs can only do so much. I am staying away from making predictions. If Dwight stays focused and committed, he is hard to contain. Kenny Smith said that there would be no game 7, and he is wrong about 95% of the time. I am hoping for the best. Go Magic