gigapika

Official Gamethread: Celtics @ Magic 5/26 8:30pm ET

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

quote:
Originally posted by nbafan2011:

Guys, Relax. I know you are happy that Orlando is winning but it's only 2 games.They will not win the series.Boston is a much better team. They might win just 2 then lose 4-2 like cleveland did against boston.

bite me!

You go. Where the **** are all these damm Celtics trolls coming from? Shut up man and go to the Celtics forums.

They're getting nervous.

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think Stan also found something putting Rashard on Pierce.

Shard is too big for Pierce on the offensive side, and on defense Shard's length bothers Pierce.

Putting Shard in a 3 role may be beneficial in the next game.

Wnt happen again unless Baby and Perk cant play.

Why not put Bass/Gortat in there at the 4 then (even if all those guys play)?

It sticks Garnett on them because Pierce can't stop any of those guys either. Mismatch city.

It doesn't work both ways, that will clog the lane. Bass has been effective in small doses and Stan doesn't trust him down the stretch.

I would love Shard on paulina (The battle of the marshmellows)

How the hell does that clog the lane?

That doesn't clog the lane... Bass has a very good mid-range game, and is more athletic than Garnett at this point in his career. Bass can knock down a mid-range jumper about as well as any big in the league.

Lets just all pray that Perkins' techs stick. Posting Shard on PP was a beautiful sight tonight

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Shard is too big for Pierce on the offensive side, and on defense Shard's length bothers Pierce.

It sticks Garnett on them because Pierce can't stop any of those guys either. Mismatch city.

It doesn't work both ways, that will clog the lane. Bass has been effective in small doses and Stan doesn't trust him down the stretch.

That doesn't clog the lane... Bass has a very good mid-range game, and is more athletic than Garnett at this point in his career. Bass can knock down a mid-range jumper about as well as any big in the league.

Lets just all pray that Perkins' techs stick. Posting Shard on PP was a beautiful sight tonight

Putting Bass out there also helps on the boards.

We saw some of that tonight.

The techs on Perkins won't stick. They would if they were any other team than the Celtics. Because they are the Celtics, the NBA will inevitably cheat for them at some point in time. This is probably that point.

quote:

The techs on Perkins won't stick. They would if they were any other team than the Celtics. Because they are the Celtics, the NBA will inevitably cheat for them at some point in time. This is probably that point.

I thought those techs were a godsend and ridiculous calls.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Putting Bass out there also helps on the boards.

We saw some of that tonight.

I agree that they likely won't stick, but they are the types of techs that the Magic been getting all along.

quote:

As previously posted, it really shouldn't have taken Boston creating this mismatch for SVG to recognize it existed. But, I hope to hell he appreciate how big it was, & creates it himself moving forward.

The Magic created seperation all night long with the Big lineup and when Boston was playing the small lineup. Recognize SVG, PLEASE!

It's obivious those technicals are getting rescinded. The media is putting the pressure on the NBA to do it, and quite frankly they both were bull.

Now, we don't know what Perkins said to get the 2nd T, so maybe there was a justified reason behind it. But I gurantee that one of those Ts, if not both will be rescinded.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

I disagree.

He was showing up the ref, and the T was reminiscent of the one VC got in game 2.

The first one was blatant. He threw an elbow into Gortat's abdomen.

How did you think they were ridiculous?

quote:

quote:

I don't know how anybody can claim the 2nd tech wasn't justified. Nobody knows what Perkins said and claiming he immediately turned and walked away is utter bs.

I hope against hope they stick, but the 1st should be rescinded. It was clearly an inadvertant elbow, but the ref had absolutely no way of knowing that.

Then again, the NBA adjusted Dwight's elbow to a flagrant 1 after reviewing it, and it is painfully obvious that was little more than over acting...

quote:

quote:

apparently the transcript for the second tech reads "thats bull **** man, you dumbass mother ****er"

i'd say thats tech worthy. First one on replay was bull though.

quote:

Bottom line is if you do 2 of these 3 things you win:

1. Stop Rondo from getting into the paint

2. Don't let Paul Pierce get to his spots

3. Don't let Allen get open on the outside

If you do all 3, you blow the Celtics out.

KEYS TO THE SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT TO MAKE ANOTHER THREAD WITH THIS IN IT, BUT I KNOW THE MODS WILL SHUT IT DOWN. THIS IS EVERYTHING THE MAGIC NEED TO DO TO WIN.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

apparently the transcript for the second tech reads "thats bull **** man, you dumbass mother ****er"

i'd say thats tech worthy. First one on replay was bull though.

You don't think he threw an elbow into Gortat's stomach?