Sign in to follow this  
gigapika

Official Gamethread: Celtics @ Magic 5/26 8:30pm ET

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

I think Stan also found something putting Rashard on Pierce.

Shard is too big for Pierce on the offensive side, and on defense Shard's length bothers Pierce.

Putting Shard in a 3 role may be beneficial in the next game.

Wnt happen again unless Baby and Perk cant play.

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

Howard didn't intentionally try to hurt anyone. Also for the record, Perkins deserved that tech as he was walking away. You don't know what he said. Furthermore, Vince got a tech in game 2 when he was on the frickin sideline, and that game was close.

I agree, if you already have a T, you can't stomp off the court like an *******. He showed up the ref and deserved that T.

The worst was Jeff Van Gundy trying to tell me that Perkins hand slipped helping Pierce up and elbowing Gortat unintentionally. That was a blatant elbow.

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:

Shard is too big for Pierce on the offensive side, and on defense Shard's length bothers Pierce.

Why not put Bass/Gortat in there at the 4 then (even if all those guys play)?

It sticks Garnett on them because Pierce can't stop any of those guys either. Mismatch city.

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

quote:
Originally posted by ditchback:

quote:
Originally posted by jasonmk:

This is the worst kind of win I'd have hoped for and will unfortunately be remembered as one of those asteriks games predetermined by NBA, like the 2000 Kings-Lakers. Homerism aside, both T's on Perkins were an utter joke, as well as early ticky tacky fouls on some other Celtics fouls, and frankly, Dwight should have been ejected for either of the elbow follow throughs on Pierce and Davis. I used to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's very clear now that he has definite intent to injure when he comes down. Even when he blocked Rondo, he was looking to hurt him in the follow up, as well as in some other plays. I'm very disappointed in him turning into a dirty player. Someone he respects better talk to him about it and set him straight.

Complete Bull$hit

+100-This guy is a Celtics troll.

Suck a fat one, Jason.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

Vince Carter once again blows... like why not drive? Are u scared? Your career is based on getting to the basket.

At this point I hope he has bad performances, when we dont rely on his a$s we win

Stan has finally wised up.

JJ > Vince in this series.

quote:

quote:

Howard didn't intentionally try to hurt anyone. Also for the record, Perkins deserved that tech as he was walking away. You don't know what he said. Furthermore, Vince got a tech in game 2 when he was on the frickin sideline, and that game was close.

I agree, if you already have a T, you can't stomp off the court like an *******. He showed up the ref and deserved that T.

The worst was Jeff Van Gundy trying to tell me that Perkins hand slipped helping Pierce up and elbowing Gortat unintentionally. That was a blatant elbow.

how about pierce throwing jj to the ground? that was a flagrant..

quote:

quote:

quote:

It sticks Garnett on them because Pierce can't stop any of those guys either. Mismatch city.

It doesn't work both ways, that will clog the lane. Bass has been effective in small doses and Stan doesn't trust him down the stretch.

I would love Shard on paulina (The battle of the marshmellows)

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

quote:

quote:

how about pierce throwing jj to the ground? that was a flagrant..

Everyone announcing called that one out though.

I don't exactly remember if JVG was on board with a flagrant for that, but that was absolutely a dirty play.

A dose of Paul Pierce's medicine. Pumpfake and then jump into the guy playing defense. He didn't like it either...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It doesn't work both ways, that will clog the lane. Bass has been effective in small doses and Stan doesn't trust him down the stretch.

I would love Shard on paulina (The battle of the marshmellows)

How the hell does that clog the lane?

That doesn't clog the lane... Bass has a very good mid-range game, and is more athletic than Garnett at this point in his career. Bass can knock down a mid-range jumper about as well as any big in the league.

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

quote:
Originally posted by nbafan2011:

Guys, Relax. I know you are happy that Orlando is winning but it's only 2 games.They will not win the series.Boston is a much better team. They might win just 2 then lose 4-2 like cleveland did against boston.

bite me!

You go. Where the **** are all these damm Celtics trolls coming from? Shut up man and go to the Celtics forums.

Bottom line is if you do 2 of these 3 things you win:

1. Stop Rondo from getting into the paint

2. Don't let Paul Pierce get to his spots

3. Don't let Allen get open on the outside

If you do all 3, you blow the Celtics out.