Sign in to follow this  
God hates Magic fans

Pics of the oil spill that nobody is talking about

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

and BP is not allowing anyone to video tape the beach....WHAT SO OUR CONSTITUTION DOESN'T APPLY TO BP?

They're not allowing anyone to video tape their equipment and their property, you ignorant fool.

And yes, the constitution does apply to BP. Specifically, they're entitled to not allow you or anyone else to videotape everything they do on their own property, just as you're not allowed to put a video camera in my bedroom just because you seem to think that the people have a right to know everything.

There are a lot of reasons to be mad about that oil spill. Thousands of reasons. It's been a complete cluster. But BP not letting people video tape them working isn't one of them, and you sound asinine in suggesting it is.

Did some volunteer work about two weeks ago with a collage group from USF.

Just several hours of picking up oil covered...everything.

Unfortunately I can't go with the same group again. Something about qualifications and what not. Though I will be looking to volunteer soon.

Part of me felt gratified. I also felt like I didn't do jack. The spill is massive.

It seems to be getting worse too.

The sooner we can get a clean, environmentally safe fuel the better. Hell, we got solar, wind and electric. It has to be on the horizon. At least one hopes.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

Umm only EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT.

No, the constitution doesn't apply to bp, it applies to our government.

live webcam of leak

http://www.bp.com/liveassets/b...html/rov_stream.html

that's not live its already been debunked elsewhere that it's repeating a cycle. it IS against the law to not allow the press or citizens to show pictures of the beaches this disaster is affecting.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

and BP is not allowing anyone to video tape the beach....WHAT SO OUR CONSTITUTION DOESN'T APPLY TO BP?

They're not allowing anyone to video tape their equipment and their property, you ignorant fool.

And yes, the constitution does apply to BP. Specifically, they're entitled to not allow you or anyone else to videotape everything they do on their own property, just as you're not allowed to put a video camera in my bedroom just because you seem to think that the people have a right to know everything.

There are a lot of reasons to be mad about that oil spill. Thousands of reasons. It's been a complete cluster. But BP not letting people video tape them working isn't one of them, and you sound asinine in suggesting it is.

Nope its clear as day in the consitution, freedom of press, they have Obama by the balls, BP donated over 3 million dollars to his campaign, beaches are not private property, especially the ones they are trying to block. I hope they get sued out of business by all the people in the gulf that are effected.

btw the US government has approved 19 drilling waivers since this all started and Obama spouted how they would need tougher regulation.....guess not.

this whole operation is corrupt. the government is not doing a **** thing.

quote:

Nope its clear as day in the consitution, freedom of press,

You clearly have no idea what "freedom of the press" actually means.

Freedom of the press means that the press is allowed to report whatever they want(provided it's not libelous). It most certainly DOES NOT mean they're allowed unfettered access to anything they want access to. Their right to freedom of the press doesn't override anyone's right to privacy, including a company like BP.

I can't believe I'm having to explain something this basic.

Hell, by your definition of "Freedom of the press", if I started "DOM's Magazine Explosion" today, and decided our first article should be God Hates Magic Fans' social security number and credit card information, you'd be constitutionally bound to hand over that information. Do you seriously believe THAT's what freedom of the press is?

I thought this was some new secret oil spill that no one was talking about, not sub par pics of THE oil spill that EVERYONE is talking about. I see better pics and video of this every day and night on the news.

BP has the right to not allow people free access to BP proprietary information.