Sign in to follow this  
Die Mannschaft

What should the 2010-11 lineup be?

More stone throwing at those with differing opinions.

Feel free to express yourself as long as you tow the company line.

Bottom line....nice or not....the roster as built is NOT a championship roster...anyone disagree there?

So, where do we go from here...we are pretty much stuck with the contracts...anyone know who is going to be FA's NEXT year(also remember the CBA may actually decrease the cap which I figure would hinder us even more)?

Here is what the Washington Post says about Howard.

Somebody's going to have to draw a double-team to create open space for shooters, but it won't be Howard, who seems more interested in shooting the ball underhanded from half court before games than developing a couple of reliable low-post moves that will make him more than a one-dimensional player. He'll never be a serious threat to be the league's best player until he works as hard on low-post offense as he does on his upper body.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...l?hpid=news-col-blog

Interesting it seems that Fox Sports agree with this assessment of Howard.

As of right now I say we go after Arenas. Washington wants to do what ever possible to get him the heck away from John Wall. I would love to trade Lewis for him. I think Ryno is good enough to start. The kid is young as heck and is going to be great. Though I dont think Washington goes for his contract with 3 years left on it. So that would leave Carter as our best trade option for Arenas. He only has one year left, so that might work with filler. Arenas gives us a point guard who can not only score, but actually pass the ball and get 7 plus Ast a game. Plus he is an Otis Smith guy with his Golden State ties. The down side is his huge contract, he is injury prone, and he could turn into Steve Frances 2 and be a cancer. That being said, maybe things could change and someone like Chris Paul could come available. Who knows?

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

More stone throwing at those with differing opinions.

Feel free to express yourself as long as you tow the company line.

Bottom line....nice or not....the roster as built is NOT a championship roster...anyone disagree there?

So, where do we go from here...we are pretty much stuck with the contracts...anyone know who is going to be FA's NEXT year(also remember the CBA may actually decrease the cap which I figure would hinder us even more)?

"Troll" the board. In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who intentionally posts derogatory or otherwise inflammatory messages about sensitive topics in an established online community such as an online discussion forum to bait users into responding. They may also plant images and data on networks that others may find disturbing in order to cause confrontation.

quote:

No one wants Lewis for that money for another three years.

Two years. The third is a team option that there is absulutely no way this team is picking.

I'm no troll....and you know this because in the PM you sent me, I said basically exactly what just happened to us....to YOU!!!! How is saying exactly what happened to us "trolling"?

Face it...you're mad because I was flat out right...I called it and you can't stand it.

It is unfortunate to be right in this occasion. Would you like me to post what I said to you on November 23rd(somewhere around there)? Hell, SVG called us a jump shooting team. What's the problem...outside you are unable to handle the fact that I was right?

Troll my behind.....its funny the only people that are calling me a "troll" are the ones that disagreed with my assessment of the team. Hardly.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:

Two years. The third is a team option that there is absulutely no way this team is picking.

its not a team option, its just not guaranteed.

Meaning we could trade him for 20 million in contracts and the other team could cut him and it would only cost them like 3 million (i dont know the exact number)

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Evil Dead:

As of right now I say we go after Arenas. Washington wants to do what ever possible to get him the heck away from John Wall. I would love to trade Lewis for him. I think Ryno is good enough to start. The kid is young as heck and is going to be great. Though I dont think Washington goes for his contract with 3 years left on it. So that would leave Carter as our best trade option for Arenas. He only has one year left, so that might work with filler. Arenas gives us a point guard who can not only score, but actually pass the ball and get 7 plus Ast a game. Plus he is an Otis Smith guy with his Golden State ties. The down side is his huge contract, he is injury prone, and he could turn into Steve Frances 2 and be a cancer. That being said, maybe things could change and someone like Chris Paul could come available. Who knows?

Gilbert is the absolute LAST thing we want, or will go after. He's a bigger shot-chucker than Vince, and plays for himself. He has terrible chemistry issues, and has lost his step. I don't want Gilbert anywhere in the discussion at all.

I think our best bet is to stay put right now. We've already gotten to the Finals/ECF twice, but come up short. That doesn't mean we should blow the team up. We're literally a player, and a coach away, from winning our first NBA title. Why blow our team up? That may be the worst option available at this point. My take is, if you can get rid of Carter, do it, and if you can get Boozer, Al Jefferson, or a real Power-forward, pick em' up. Other than that, I think we stay put with what we've got, and give it one more run. Trades will open up later, so we don't need to talk much about them right now. Nothing can happen right now. Let's talk about it when other teams start putting their players on the market.

I would love for us to get Boozer. Man, imagine Boozer and Dwight playing alongside? Move Lewis to the 3! We need Boozer and his toughness and rebounding skills. Enough with this 3 ball experiment let's change it up and play REAL basketball!

radiant: WHat's the difference between this year and last? Otis blew up last year's roster. So why keep this one intact?

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:

its not a team option, its just not guaranteed.

Meaning we could trade him for 20 million in contracts and the other team could cut him and it would only cost them like 3 million (i dont know the exact number)

So we would need a team to do us a favor? Couldn't we cut him ourselves?