Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Root Problem ... System or Players?

The other thing to keep in mind is that the stretch 4 came about out of necessity. The original intention when Lewis was signed was to have Howard, The Toaster Oven, Lewis, Bogans, and Nelson start with Hedo providing the role of sixth man scorer. Battie's injury kind of forced Lewis into the starting 4 role and things with him and Turk went so well they rode it as far as they could which obviously culminated in a Finals berth last season.

The point here is that neither Stan nor Otis necessarily needs to have a stretch 4 and like some I thought Bass was brought in to have the more traditional lineup it just turns out he could not pick up the principles of the offense or defense which is unfortunate.

The other thing to consider as we move forward is that all of these free agents want sign and trades as well because 2 things loom. Either a lockout or a CBA that reduces salary. This could be their last chance to cash in and get a six year deal.

I expect Otis to have his hand in everything....

I cant fathom why people keep saying Lewis needs to go. HEs not going anywhere, he played tremendously in the first two rounds and the reason why he didnt play well against boston is because the job that Nelson and carter was supposed to do which is get him open looks.....did not happen

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

Hard to say really. I think the system would work if Howard was just more dominant; but at the same time, we don't really have the player that can dissect Boston's defense.

Actually we do in Jameer. Unfortunately you can not have Vince and Rashard not show for the whole whole **** series. We go this far without any real contributions from them. I think this team needs to after D Wade at any cost except for Howard and Nelson. I can't get mad at rashard because he is playing out of position.