Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

PASS FIRST PG, or the really really early NBA Draft/offseason Thread.

quote:
Originally posted by Shakaho:

The Magic put a high priority on 4 years of college. Freshmen and sophomores are not likely picks.

no they dont. Show me a quote where they say that. I think its just more of a coincidence that we draft seniors.

I'm also pretty sure that brand's final year isn't guaranteed. If we went VC and a second round pick for Evan Turner and Elton Brand we would have either $40,700,000 (lewis and brand) of expiring contracts that could be tradeable during the summer of '12 or the '12-'13 season. Because both numbers aren't guaranteed though, they might be worth something to somebody during the '11-'12 season.

Essentially we would lose all financial flexibility for the summer of 2011 but we would have full cap freedom for the 2013-2014 season (When Dwight's contract is up).

This is all predicated on the idea that Evan Turner is a potential star player. If our scouts feel that he can be a legit #1 option in the NBA I wouldn't be surprised if we made this move. All it does is sacrifice one year of financial flexibility for a potential all star.

Could this lineup be a championship caliber team?

Nelson

Turner

Barnes

Lewis

Dwight

with Brand, Pietrus, Anderson, JJ, PG to be named off of the bench.

I'm not sure, but its an interesting possibility.

Lewis, I think you're reading too much into the Phily story. Much like the Clips last year, who were offering the #1 to trade back if a team took Barron Davis, the 76ers aren't looking to give the #2 pick away just to dump Elton. I doubt swapping picks with Orlando is what they have in mind.

If I had #2 pick, Turner certainly wouldn't be a lock. If I had to pick blind today, I'd take Favors.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Lewis, I think you're reading too much into the Phily story. Much like the Clips last year, who were offering the #1 to trade back if a team took Barron Davis, the 76ers aren't looking to give the #2 pick away just to dump Elton. I doubt swapping picks with Orlando is what they have in mind.

If I had #2 pick, Turner certainly wouldn't be a lock. If I had to pick blind today, I'd take Favors.

it really depends on need. If you need a wing, take turner. If you need a big man, take favors.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

I'm also pretty sure that brand's final year isn't guaranteed. If we went VC and a second round pick for Evan Turner and Elton Brand we would have either $40,700,000 (lewis and brand) of expiring contracts that could be tradeable during the summer of '12 or the '12-'13 season. Because both numbers aren't guaranteed though, they might be worth something to somebody during the '11-'12 season.

Essentially we would lose all financial flexibility for the summer of 2011 but we would have full cap freedom for the 2013-2014 season (When Dwight's contract is up).

This is all predicated on the idea that Evan Turner is a potential star player. If our scouts feel that he can be a legit #1 option in the NBA I wouldn't be surprised if we made this move. All it does is sacrifice one year of financial flexibility for a potential all star.

Nelson

Turner

Barnes

Lewis

Dwight

Are you kidding me Lewis4tw?

One Lewis will be declined more than he is now. And Turner is not going to be the next VC. He has potential to be good, and I choose him to be the biggest star to come out of draft, but he's not gonna take this inexperienced team to a championship.

If this years team isnt a championship calibur team then that CERTAINLY isnt.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:

Nelson

Turner

Barnes

Lewis

Dwight

One Lewis will be declined more than he is now. And Turner is not going to be the next VC. He has potential to be good, and I choose him to be the biggest star to come out of draft, but he's not gonna take this inexperienced team to a championship.

this doesn't surprise me.

Can anyone explain to me why Favors is considered a better prospect than Cousins? I've seen both play, and Cousins just seems better.

Cousins is a tank. I have a tough time comparing him to any current player in the NBA. Favors, to me, seems a lot like Horford.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Can anyone explain to me why Favors is considered a better prospect than Cousins? I've seen both play, and Cousins just seems better.

Cousins is a tank. I have a tough time comparing him to any current player in the NBA. Favors, to me, seems a lot like Horford.

Cousins is apparently a headcase and impossible to coach. He's super talented but he might end up destroying the team that drafts him.

He could be a Portland version of Rasheed Wallace. Multiple off the court incidents, pouty, doesn't play hard all of the time, rebels against authority.

Favors kinda got screwed over due to the people he played with. The guards on GT sucked so much they could never get him the ball. Imagine what would happen to Dwight's numbers if we had Anthony Johnson at point. Favors is a bit like Dwight due to his freakish athleticism.

Cousins might end up being the better player but Favors is good enough to justify taking him over the headcase Cousins.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

If vince wasn't such a ***** we wouldn't even need to have this conversation.

quote:

Nelson

Turner

Barnes

Lewis

Dwight

Would be great, but I highly doubt they would do it.

Turner will probably be a 19/6/3 guy, except he's a lot younger than Carter and has a lot more room to grow.

Granted if he's a bust it would be an awful trade in retrospect.