Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

PASS FIRST PG, or the really really early NBA Draft/offseason Thread.

In case Barnes leaves

Mike Miller

Travis Outlaw

Anthony Morrow

Rodney Carney (I think we were interested in him last year)

Rasual Butler

Dorrell Wright

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

smh I just found out that Vince isn't really an expiring contract, it's a team option.

Exactly. It's whatever the possessing team wants it to be.

quote:

really like his game. he needs to work on his 3 pt shooting and pt guard skills. i'm worried that his stock will sky rocket once other gm's see him compared to other combo guards.

quote:

I like Willie Warren more as a combo guard.

yeah. that would be a good thing to have coming off the bench.

Ideally behind jameer we would want a guy who's at least 6'2 defensive oriented type of guy.

Now can WW play good defense? I have no idea. His measurables, however, and his freshman year hype make me think he would be a good pick at #29

quote:

I like Willie Warren more as a combo guard.

warren is more a sg than anything else.

quote:
Overly ball-dominant, tends to over-dribble and take his teammates out of the game ... Very turnover prone, finds himself out of control frequently after forcing the issue... this past year has not been an effective catch and shooter, shooting a dreadful 30% from downtown ... Defensively he is uninspiring, seeming to get his rest on this side of the ball ... Poor footwork results in allowing his man to get into the paint way too often ... Undisciplined decision maker, with an inconsistent jump shot, negative attitude and troublesome ankle will put a scare in some coaches and GMs ... Apparently was at odds with Coach Capel and those close to the team pointed to lack of maturity and selfishness as reasons for Warren's inability to fill the high expectations in his sophomore year (aside from missing extended time due to having mononucleosis) ... There is some concern over whether he's truly a point guard or even a combo. Shows some solid passing and ball handling skills, but has never proven to be a true floor general that can take over a team and run the show at a high level ...

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

When do the scheduled workouts start being released?

Also, anybody think Manny Harris could be a Marcus Thornton type guy in the 2nd?

there have already been several workouts, just none in orlando.

i have no idea what to expect from manny harris. I expected more from him last year.