Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

PASS FIRST PG, or the really really early NBA Draft/offseason Thread.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Vince, Tmac, Bosh looks like MJ, Pippen, Rodman. It woulda been great.

LOL.

I needed a good laugh after Game 3. Thanks.

and that's why I needed to add him to the ignore list...

actually, that was so bad it was hilarious, maybe I should remove him...

There's a wing in New Jersey named Courtney Lee. He's a good defender and a pretty good shooter. Maybe the Magic should take a chance on him?

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

Elton Brand is done. Stick a fork in him.

he can be good for 10 and 6 off of the bench

That's not bad for a vet min contract or portion of the MLE. That's bad for a guy making $18 million. That's 40 million a year for two aging power forwards.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Elton Brand is done. Stick a fork in him.

he can be good for 10 and 6 off of the bench

That's not bad for a vet min contract or portion of the MLE. That's bad for a guy making $18 million. That's 40 million a year for two aging power forwards.

First of all, how many players do you think are vet min caliber and can also score 10 and 6 off of the bench?

Second of all, the trade is for evan turner, Brand is just the guy we need to take back to get him.

Third of all, Brand could probably average 18 and 8 on a bad team but lets face it, he wont get the shot attempts or minutes to do so here.

thats where 10 and 6 comes from.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

There's a wing in New Jersey named Courtney Lee. He's a good defender and a pretty good shooter. Maybe the Magic should take a chance on him?

I see what you did there.

If Otis finds a way to rid us of Carter and/or Lewis and get a top 5 player at any position other than center he should have one of those Jordan type statues put up outside of the Amway Center.

I rather have a team full of bruisers and fiery players that get kicked out in the first round fighting than a team of girly men that make it to the conference finals or finals every year just to get embarrassed and swept.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Ok I'm not going to get into this Turner is the next VC b.s.

This site is VC bash city. It's obnoxious.

But if anything I see a Tmac like player in Turner over VC. Do you honestly believe he pocesses a similiar offensive package to Vince Carter? Are you just saying he's VC-esque and we should get him to replace Vince just to piss off ppl like me?

Just be more real. Turner reminds me of Tmac. And Ik saying that makes me look dumb because Tmac and Vince were similiar players. But Turners got that 6'8 tall, straight on pull up jumper that Tmac had. He drives like Tmac. I know dunks are worth 2 points, but Ive never seen Turner do a VC esque dunk...

Oh hi there again, Thuglife. icon_wink.gif Been a while. Still hatin' on Nelson? Haha.

Anyway. Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. I've posted on other Sports' forums, so I think I can find my way around, but I'm glad to start posting here.

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

If Otis finds a way to rid us of Carter and/or Lewis and get a top 5 player at any position other than center he should have one of those Jordan type statues put up outside of the Amway Center.

I rather have a team full of bruisers and fiery players that get kicked out in the first round fighting than a team of girly men that make it to the conference finals or finals every year just to get embarrassed and swept.

I'm definitely on the same page. I agree with you. I want a team full of winners, that keep their head-held-high. I can't discredit Boston, however. They've been playing one hell of a series, so we can't take what they've done, away from them.

I think we've just got to give it more time. I obviously want Carter gone, along with Rashard (If his contract was at all possible to dump.), and surprisingly, I want Mickael gone too, unless he's willing to sign for cheap. I'd rather use the money on Barnes and Redick.

I know Carter gets bashed a lot, but he didn't do his job. His job was to come in, and be our 'go-to' guy, and he didn't do that, AT ALL. He's had strides of greatness, but those don't usually last long. If there was one thing Carter should have done better, it would be playing great in the Playoffs. He was suppose to provide that spark. He was suppose to be our Hedo-substitution, and quite frankly, he's been anything but that.

quote:
Originally posted by RadiantShot:

quote:

I'm definitely on the same page. I agree with you. I want a team full of winners, that keep their head-held-high. I can't discredit Boston, however. They've been playing one hell of a series, so we can't take what they've done, away from them.

I think we've just got to give it more time. I obviously want Carter gone, along with Rashard (If his contract was at all possible to dump.), and surprisingly, I want Mickael gone too, unless he's willing to sign for cheap. I'd rather use the money on Barnes and Redick.

I know Carter gets bashed a lot, but he didn't do his job. His job was to come in, and be our 'go-to' guy, and he didn't do that, AT ALL. He's had strides of greatness, but those don't usually last long. If there was one thing Carter should have done better, it would be playing great in the Playoffs. He was suppose to provide that spark. He was suppose to be our Hedo-substitution, and quite frankly, he's been anything but that.

Pietrus' contract lasts a few more years. Barnes signed a one year+one player option year contract as a way to "try out" for a larger contract. He's likely to opt out and pursue a larger deal. Also we don't hold his bird rights so we can't go over the cap to give him a large raise unless we use the MLE.

We do, however, hold JJ's bird rights and can give him whatever money he wants (we wont go overboard because that would be dumb).

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by RadiantShot:

quote:

Pietrus' contract lasts a few more years. Barnes signed a one year+one player option year contract as a way to "try out" for a larger contract. He's likely to opt out and pursue a larger deal. Also we don't hold his bird rights so we can't go over the cap to give him a large raise unless we use the MLE.

We do, however, hold JJ's bird rights and can give him whatever money he wants (we wont go overboard because that would be dumb).

Yeah, but if it came down to it, who would you rather keep? Redick, or Barnes? They both bring different things to the table, and I think both are important. Will be interesting to see what Otis does...I think Barnes will be walking. That's what my gut tells me. I hate it.