quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

Now the real question is... how do we stop rondo?

put LeBron on him...

I was actually thinking of a player over 30 with length and no lateral movement. That'll show him.

we didn't re-sign Hedo, remember?

WHY NOT???

quote:

I thought of lineup with JJ , Mp , and Barnes but...i dont know.

Yeah, you really don't know....

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

put LeBron on him...

I was actually thinking of a player over 30 with length and no lateral movement. That'll show him.

WHY NOT???

we wanted to try on adversity for a change...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

put LeBron on him...

WHY NOT???

we wanted to try on adversity for a change...

well, please tell me the team was at least able to get a guy they could rely on in the 4th quarter and could get his own shot on iso plays but was also a great playmaker

quote:

Now, it may all be a coincidence that Allen played well in the 1st game with Redick playing less minutes and went 1-6 in the 2nd game when Redick was on the floor for most of the game.

Orlando switched & trapped Allen off screens, aka they game planned to take Allen out of the game. That's why Boston used him as a decoy to create open looks & mismatches for others all game. I don't deny JJ defends Allen better than most, but his individual D on Allen in game 2 wasn't a factor in his dropoff in production. Personally, I thought Orlando overreacted to Game 1, and compromised their defensive integrity in Game 2 with this game plan. I'd prefer to see them focus more on simply challenging Allen better, which is what JJ is capable of doing.

Pierce isn't that good. He just had 2 lucky games against you. Think about it: if he can get shut down by a horrible defender like LeBron James, anybody should be able to shut him down... icon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

Pierce isn't that good. He just had 2 lucky games against you. Think about it: if he can get shut down by a horrible defender like LeBron James, anybody should be able to shut him down... icon_razz.gif

yea u just got to make pierce work on the defensive end...

quote:

Yeah, I've been the one trying to tell everyone LeBron is NOT a horrible defender, and this series is proving it. Here's a big problem the board here doesn't realize:

Mo Williams - Horrible defender

Anthony Parker - Below average defender

Antawn Jamison - Horrible defender

Shaq - Below average defender

Yet as a team they're a top defensive team in the league, I wonder why...

I dont think switching vc and barnes would help.

I dont know what defense Barnes would give to Pierce that would make much a difference. Pierce took all jumpshots and most were contested well.Allen on the other hand was quiet G2 (while he was killing us game 1). VC might struggle to keep up through all the screens Allen gets. So I dont see this swtich helping.

If Pierce continues to go lights out from mid range like that then whatever what can we do.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

Yeah, I've been the one trying to tell everyone LeBron is NOT a horrible defender, and this series is proving it. Here's a big problem the board here doesn't realize:

Mo Williams - Horrible defender

Anthony Parker - Below average defender

Antawn Jamison - Horrible defender

Shaq - Below average defender

Yet as a team they're a top defensive team in the league, I wonder why...

I agree about LeBron, but disagree about the cavs. We were one of the top defenses during the regular season, however when we put Shaq and Jamison together in the front court our defense just fell apart at the seems. LeBron was the only bright spot defensively in the Celtics series. AV was the only other cav who contributed positively on the defensive end that series.

As for your series, I think the biggest mistake the Magic have made is playing into the hands of the Celtics. Gortat and Howard is absolutely what the Celtics want to see out there. They love banging down low and bullying other big men. This is why Mike Brown will soon be fired: he went with Shaq and Z instead of more JJ and a lot more AV during the Celtics series, and that cost the cavs the series.

You guys still have time to adjust, but obviously it has to happen now...

quote:

Gortat and Howard is absolutely what the Celtics want to see out there.

LOL, Boston has exploited Jamison & Lewis to death in the playoffs offensively while shutting them down with KG defensively. Cleveland emmulating a team that got exposed in the Finals last year as a means of reaching the Finals...flawed.