Sign in to follow this  
BMP

THE ANGRY POSTGAME THREAD MAY 22nd - bump for game 3 - time for off-season talk????

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

I hope you are kidding about Fisher. Do you really think a guy that has had the luxury to play with Kobe and Pau Gasol "knows what it takes to win?"

I certainly remember him hitting the Game tying 3 in Game 4 and the dagger 3 in Game 4 of the Finals last year.

Hit the Game winner in Game 3 against Utah and no one will forget the Game winner against San Antonio a few years back with 0.4 left.

So maybe you could say Kobe and Gasol have the luxury of playing with a point guard who maximizes his talent, is as tough as nails, and is for the most part clutch.

Now I do not know if he necessarily fits in here as I would imagine the Magic are going to target a younger point guard to develop behind Jameer or Crittendon but lets not dismiss Fisher as some bum off the streets.

Fisher's 27% "clutch" shooting makes him 100x more overrated than Hedo "Mr. 4th Quarter" Turkoglu

Meh. I do not really care about the merits of Fisher.

I just do not think he is as awful as people say he is and in a veteran leader role I see nothing wrong with what Soul Bro was saying.

Kobe sure seems to respect the heck out of him.

I'll take actual productivity on the court and solid defense over bull**** intangibles people make up when they have absolutely nothing else positive to say about the player. Fisher is absolutely an abortion defensively and a blackhole offensively. Once every two months he'll hit a clutch shot and all of the sudden he's Mr. Clutch.

Another thing, as far as leadership goes, it has always been Kobe. Kobe, Shaq, more Kobe, and Gasol. Fisher was always just a point guard who could hit 3s. He never led the team anywhere or to amount to anything.

True Fans are emotionaly invested in a team, Yes, Iam worrie that worse could happend, but Iam also proud to be a Magic Fan, The Celtics deserve some credit, they are playing good basketball, is going to be difficult to come back, but is not over.... Go Magics

Would I want Fisher on this team if he were cheap and willing to fight for the back-up pg role? Sure. My bigger point is that the "mentors" and "vets" of our team don't know what it takes to win (AF, AJ, JW, VC and RL). It'd be nice to have that winning (championship) experience on the team.

He wouldn't suddenly make the magic win a championship. I still don't understand your point. what's he going to tell us that we don't already know in terms of how to win a championship? how to take charges? give me a break.

you are still making up nonsense.

BMP no matter how hard you continue to try.

You wont get admin controls...

but yes, **** last night, I was yelling all night and I literally broke my remote. Not saying that to be funny or whatever I threw my remote at the wall. And The refs just put me over the edge with that final minute foul call on Pierce's jumpshot.

Ive never let my emotions with a sport overtake me like that. It was bad...

oh and watching my favorite player who've Ive watched since I was a kid turn into Nick Anderson (even tho the FTs didnt decide the ending) just made things unbearable.

I'm scared, but at the same time I believe in this team.

I just hate how nervous and panicky the whole team got this ECF. It sucks but what can we do? The Lakers are looking incredible anyways, not saying everythings ok that were down. But the Finals wont be any easier.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

He wouldn't suddenly make the magic win a championship. I still don't understand your point. what's he going to tell us that we don't already know in terms of how to win a championship? how to take charges? give me a break.

you are still making up nonsense.

Non-sense. Hmmm. Not really. Teams do this all the time.