Sign in to follow this  
IloveMAGICsomuch

Kenny Smith just said..

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

I've watched maybe 80 of the 82 games this year, and I watched all of Howard turnovers. A good majority of them is just simple ball pressure and 'frustration' that happened to him in the Christmas game.

It doesn't take a Celtics fan to realize that.

We also beat them 3 out of 4 games in the regular season. The games are going to be close, we just need to cut down on our turnovers and play better defense. That's the whole thing.

Dwight doesn't need huge offensive numbers. He just needs to be efficient, rebound the ball, and play his usual stellar defense.

I don't think it really matters how we beat them in the regular season or not at this point because this team is clearly playing better defense in the post season and even then, those wins were always neck to neck.

I'll agree on the fact that defense needs to be played better than them in order to win the series, but as far as offensively goes, I honestly think they have no answer for Gortat for whatever reason.

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:

I've watched maybe 80 of the 82 games this year, and I watched all of Howard turnovers. A good majority of them is just simple ball pressure and 'frustration' that happened to him in the Christmas game.

We also beat them 3 out of 4 games in the regular season. The games are going to be close, we just need to cut down on our turnovers and play better defense. That's the whole thing.

Dwight doesn't need huge offensive numbers. He just needs to be efficient, rebound the ball, and play his usual stellar defense.

re: Define "efficient". To me that meaans when Dwight is being guarded one on one he has to have a better percentage than 25 percent. If he doesn't score one on one he won't draw the double team which therefore will not get good looks for other players around the perimeter. Dwight needs to play good offensively...efficiently...for the Magic to win against Boston. Defense alone won't do it for him imo.

quote:
Originally posted by t1meband1t:

quote:

quote:

re: Define "efficient". To me that meaans when Dwight is being guarded one on one he has to have a better percentage than 25 percent. If he doesn't score one on one he won't draw the double team which therefore will not get good looks for other players around the perimeter. Dwight needs to play good offensively...efficiently...for the Magic to win against Boston. Defense alone won't do it for him imo.

Efficient is not turning the ball over.

Even if he scores 10 points and only turns the ball over once, then he's doing a good job.

I think we can get open shots as long as we have good penetration and ball movement. I don't think the congestion is solely due to Howard's play. Sure Howard scoring can help a bunch, but I just want him to be efficient and not turn the ball over, and we should win.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Even if he scores 10 points and only turns the ball over once, then he's doing a good job.

I think we can get open shots as long as we have good penetration and ball movement. I don't think the congestion is solely due to Howard's play. Sure Howard scoring can help a bunch, but I just want him to be efficient and not turn the ball over, and we should win.

All the pressure on him to have a big game is going to do the complete opposite, hes going to try and score and hes going to keep turning it over. I mean the guy is so uncomfortable hes traveling in the post without even getting a good look.

quote:
Originally posted by Mastalerz:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

All the pressure on him to have a big game is going to do the complete opposite, hes going to try and score and hes going to keep turning it over. I mean the guy is so uncomfortable hes traveling in the post without even getting a good look.

re: I noticed the same thing. In fact, I think all the Magic looked like they were thinking a little too much. Boston..as old as they are..were even beating them to a lot of lose balls. It was like there was an obvious time delay before the Magic reacted. I be surprised and disappointed if they don't turn it around tonight.

Kenny has been like this since his team swept us in the finals back in the 90's. He hates on the Magic every year. We shut him up with the Cleveland series last year but it's just one of those things no matter what the magic do there is always a reason behind it. They go 8-0 in the playoffs and it's that the magic had easy opponents. It's kinda one of those things you just learn to ignore. Watching the LA game last night and they are playing excellent team basketball.

quote:

Leaving Howard on an island with wallace is just asking for more turnovers.

look more closely on how these turnovers happen. don't just stare at 18 turnovers and think it's random. howard is clearly uncomfortable down low.

Do you really believe that Rasheed or any Celtic can guard Dwight one on one? Get real. As soon as Dwight get's his offensive game going the Celtics will have no choice but to double up on Dwight forcing him to kick it out to an open 3 point shooter. Stop giving the Celtics too much credit.