Sign in to follow this  
Super2009

Magic Ticket Prices

What's the deal with the ticket prices for the ECF games this year? There are upper level tickets around $160 at face. Last year against the Cavs I sat on the floor in F3 seats for $230ish and those seats are now over $1000 at face. I don't think that you can sit in the lower bowl under $100. Did something happen that I missed? It just seems like the price hikes were pretty high.

What's the deal with the ticket prices for the ECF games this year? There are upper level tickets around $160 at face. Last year against the Cavs I sat on the floor in F3 seats for $230ish and those seats are now over $1000 at face. I don't think that you can sit in the lower bowl under $100. Did something happen that I missed? It just seems like the price hikes were pretty high.

It's pretty simple dude, higher expectations equals more fan support which then leads to greater demand which leads to higher ticket prices. Sucks having such a small arena on top of all that.

I understand the expectations are higher coming off of a finals run last year but I didn't expect to see tickets go up x5 in certain areas. But then again I bet that would explain why you can still get tickets on TM for game 1 on Sunday. $160 for Upper Level might be a bit much and out prices some fans. I would hate to think what next years FV ticket prices might be for the playoffs in the new arena. Anyway should be a great series I was just wondering what other fans thought about it.

If the game sells out, then the ticket prices are where they should be (if not a little low). It's my understanding (through my ticket rep) that Boston had some seats on hold that were released today; that's why there were seats available. Yep, it's a high ticket price but they sold out through Ticketmaster in 9 minutes on Friday. Looks like the market was willing to pay the price for these huge games.

it sucks but it comes with the territory of being a legitimate title contender. The tickets i just sold for 208 row E face value were $85 per ticket FV.

Id rather see super high ticket prices with a great product than dirt cheap prices with a 41 win team that has no title shot.

if these prices shock you, wait for the possible NBA finals prices. I have a friend that works for the team. We are looking at another 30% bump.