Sign in to follow this  
Miller4Prez64

Cavs fire Mike Brown

quote:
Originally posted by just me:

is van gundy next?

IMO if we are swept, there is 95% chance he will be fired. This is not say that I agree or disagree with his firing. I talked to my co workers today, and almost all think SVG's days are numbered here. Some are even convinced that Smith will fired too for this disaster. If SVG is fired, do not be suprised if the Cavs hire him. He will have all the great talent he needs there and he will get a ring.

The chances of SVG being fired are incredibly low. You don't have a knee jerk reaction and fire someone over one series. What he's done with this team is amazing. Now, 2-3 years from now and this team still doesn't have a ring, THEN it's time to start calling for his head.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

The chances of SVG being fired are incredibly low. You don't have a knee jerk reaction and fire someone over one series. What he's done with this team is amazing. Now, 2-3 years from now and this team still doesn't have a ring, THEN it's time to start calling for his head.

People are just speculating. I have no opinion either way. This speculation is fueled because of how poorly the magic are playing. If you read his body lanquage, he is not too confident.

It's silly to fire the man over one series. His three years here is the best run we've had in team history, IMO. I wanted to win the Finals really bad, but unfortunatly we got stuck with a bad matchup against a championship Celtics team. SVG deserves a lot of blame for it, but you don't fire the guy. Way too soon to be considering that.

quote:

It's silly to fire the man over one series. His three years here is the best run we've had in team history, IMO. I wanted to win the Finals really bad, but unfortunatly we got stuck with a bad matchup against a championship Celtics team. SVG deserves a lot of blame for it, but you don't fire the guy. Way too soon to be considering that.

When I was angry over the losses, I wanted his head, but now if it my decision, I would not fire him, but I would get him the best talent possible. If he does get fired, I feel Magic might regret it because another good team would hire him in a heartbeat with the correct talent. ie, Cavs.

quote:

the last 2 years have been a franchise best for the CAVS too. And the Cavs have been a 50 win team since MB has come here. MB still got the pink slip!

quote:

quote:

the last 2 years have been a franchise best for the CAVS too. And the Cavs have been a 50 win team since MB has come here. MB still got the pink slip!

Totally difference circumstances and you know it. The Cavs had the best record in the NBA the last two years and failed to even get to the Finals. SVG and the Magic over exceeded their expectations last year by getting to the Finals when nobody thought we could beat Boston and Cleveland.

SVG should not be fired over one series. Mike Brown was fired because he failed multiple times.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Totally difference circumstances and you know it. The Cavs had the best record in the NBA the last two years and failed to even get to the Finals. SVG and the Magic over exceeded their expectations last year by getting to the Finals when nobody thought we could beat Boston and Cleveland.

SVG should not be fired over one series. Mike Brown was fired because he failed multiple times.

He will not be fired now imo. With the win, Magic saved face. I though if Magic were swept, he would be fired.