Sign in to follow this  
Sir Raven

We're Better without Carter..

quote:
Originally posted by Magics Fan from Syria:

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

Vince can be frustrating at times. I don't think we can expect him to be our go to guy every night. His style of play can shift quarter by quarter. When he diversifies his game and drives to the rack, that is when he brings the most output for us. He has proven not to be consistent with this, relying on questionable shot selection to get points on the board.

Unlike in January, when VC gets double teamed, which happens frequently he passes the ball to the free man. In January and sometimes before that even, he would still be aggressive and try to score with wild shots out of the double team.

Watching him nowadays, when he gets the ball and his not double teamed he wants to go the rim, bu twhen he gets double teamed he does not force the issue and rather gets the ball to his teammates.

Later on that might look bad on the scoreboard, seeing he didnt take much shots, but this style of play suits better this team because we have so many other great players. VC getting double teamed opens up alot of plays, he doesnt have to be our Kobe Bryant - just find the open man at the right time and we succeed, his boxscore and total points might not look impressive passing out of the double team but the team wins.

no one wants to be Kobe. Kobe plays for himself and the Lakers rely too much on him.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

ThuglifeJ is actually saying something positive and true about Jameer?

TAKE PICS.

in all honesty, can you REALLY trust carter? yes he's been clutch... IN THE REGULAR SEASON, but can you trust him in the playoffs? this has yet to be seen. bobcats and the hawks don't mean ****. if he shows up against the cavs (which I have my doubts on), i'll believe it when i see it, but I honestly count on him disapearing next round.

Vince Carter's career playoff numbers (prior to this season):

25.9 PPG

6.9 RPG

5.2 APG

Those are ALL better than Kobe Bryant.

Your comments make no sense.

quote:

how about playoff numbers in 2007?

* rolls eyes *

So he didn't have great numbers in 2007. Kobe has had years where he has crappy playoff numbers too. Everyone has poor years. What's your point?

quote:

how about playoff numbers in 2007?

You realize he is on your favorite team. I think his teammates trust him and so should we. I trust everyone on this team. They are all giving the best they can and thats all you can ask. And I don't know why, but I feel like at some point here in the next round and possibly the finals Vince is gonna explode. Its like I just feel it coming.

quote:

The difference is that Kobe's poor years have already gone by. Carter is arguably a mystery still.

So you're saying Kobe will never have another poor year in his entire career? LOLOLOL. Hell, he played like crap in the first few games of THIS YEAR'S playoffs.

Can you give me the lottery numbers too Nostradumbas?

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

Comparing Carter to Kobe in the playoffs........Different Teams , Different Conference's , Different People..

The ONLY reason I brought up Kobe to begin with, is because of the stupid notion that someone isn't a good playoff player because of ONE season. Some years you're going to play well, some you're going to play poorly. You can't expect someone to play well every single season.

Carter has only gotten older, and he has typically shrunk against the Cavs in the majority of the minutes played against them. All I'm saying is that it's a mystery to me as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying he will disappear in the playoffs, but there is a good possibility compared to other superstars.

quote:

Carter has only gotten older, and he has typically shrunk against the Cavs in the majority of the minutes played against them. All I'm saying is that it's a mystery to me as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying he will disappear in the playoffs, but there is a good possibility compared to other superstars.

And Kobe hasn't gotten older? Please.

2007 playoffs aside, Carter has played very well against Lebron head-to-head in his career.

the magic appear to be very focused and on a mission. someone is stepping up every game. you need a lot of things to go well to win it all. i think the guys are all on the same page more so than at any other time in the last few years. if howard does not get hurt this is their year. vc is just on guy of many who are doing their job. lets be positive. go magic