Sign in to follow this  
Malachi

Cavs vs Celtics

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Go ahead and sleep on Jameer as being lesser of a matchup problem than Rondo.

With Rondo, you can try to contain, try to keep him from driving and dare him to beat you with jumpshots. With Jameer, he will absolutely KILL you if you do that, and if you try to take away his jumper, he will drive to the rim, collapse your defense, and either make the layup or kick out to one of several three point shooters (or toss a gimmee lob to Dwight).

He has stepped up his game this post season to mirror his pre-injury all-star season and it has been a thing of beauty.

I'm not sleeping on him being a lesser matchup. Facts are facts. Rondo makes that team go. Without Nelson, the Magic made it to the Finals. Rondo is a 10000000000000x better passer than Nelson, not to mention he's barely 6' tall...Again, not sleeping on him, as he is more than capable of putting up #'s...But Rondo scares me more than he does.

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Go ahead and sleep on Jameer as being lesser of a matchup problem than Rondo.

With Rondo, you can try to contain, try to keep him from driving and dare him to beat you with jumpshots. With Jameer, he will absolutely KILL you if you do that, and if you try to take away his jumper, he will drive to the rim, collapse your defense, and either make the layup or kick out to one of several three point shooters (or toss a gimmee lob to Dwight).

He has stepped up his game this post season to mirror his pre-injury all-star season and it has been a thing of beauty.

I'm not sleeping on him being a lesser matchup. Facts are facts. Rondo makes that team go. Without Nelson, the Magic made it to the Finals. Rondo is a 10000000000000x better passer than Nelson, not to mention he's barely 6' tall...Again, not sleeping on him, as he is more than capable of putting up #'s...But Rondo scares me more than he does.

Possibly because without rondo, boston would've lost the 4th game. He needed to step up, and he stepped up massively. However, nelson still makes this team go as well. It may not be in the same way as you see with rondo, but i'd be surprised if many people on this forum genuinely believe nelson is an easy person to replace on the team. Let's be really honest here, rondo is the better passer, but nelson easily does the job when required, and nelson is (certainly recently) a much more dangerous offensive threat because he can do everything. Rondo clearly has a weakness in his jump shooting.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Like Charles said in the beginning of this series, Mike Brown is the Celtics' best player.

He is doing so much wrong with the team, right now. He plays Antawn Jamison like a stretch four, even if that's not what he is (and it's making Garnett work a lot less on defense). It seems that the players have also tuned him out.

I saw it when they were blown out on game 2... I'd explain it, but I think if you watch it you'll get the impression I'm getting:

game 2 presser with Mike Brown:

LeBron (same game):

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/v.../james100503-1308279

Watching those videos, I have a lot more respect for mike brown. He openly critisized himself as much as the rest of the team. I don't really think that Mike Brown is the weak spot in the cavs team. Not to the extent that it should make much difference. Cavs were 11 wins better than the C's in the regular season, which really hasnt reflected in this series. I do agree that the team are just not listening to him, which at a time like this is stupid. If they don't win, then afterwards they can blame him. But losing patience in him, mid series, is just idiotic. Particularly as hes made some good points, and he says they need to play better, which definitely showed last game.

Jameer isnt a tough match up for mo williams? Well so far... Burned the Cats point guards , Destroyed Joe Johnson , Bibby , and Crawford , so mo williams > Jameer?

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

Jameer isnt a tough match up for mo williams? Well so far... Burned the Cats point guards , Destroyed Joe Johnson , Bibby , and Crawford , so mo williams > Jameer?

Where did I say that?? I said Rondo scared me more than Jameer...Mo Williams is f*****g terrible.

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

No, he said Rondo > Jameer, which is true for the most part. Rondo on the Magic would not go very well and Jameer would be a better fit.

After every turnover by Cleveland, and they've all been stupid ones btw, LeBron has this "I can't believe I'm playing with these idiots" look on his face.