Sign in to follow this  
FANofNBA

Magic Fans Are AWESOME!!!

Here's the thing i dont get.

ALL this fan base does is complain about the officiating. It's really gotten to the point to where it's become nauseating. But let me ask you this:

WHY WOULD THE NBA, or STERN, WANT YOU TO LOSE TO THE CHARLOTTE BOBCATS!?

EVERYONE has said that the Cavs/Magic series is going to be GREAT. It's gonna draw HUGE ratings. If ANYTHING were happening, which nothing is, it would be the NBA trying to HELP Orlando.

You guys seriously have an inferiority complex. Literally about 60% of the game thread is a comment about the officiating. And i got news for you, the officiating WAS NOT biased. I watched the entire game, and as an NBA fan, there was nothing wrong with the officiating as far as FAIRNESS is concerned. As a matter of fact, it sure seemed like the Magic got every call in the first half. Howard's goaltend, ticky tack crap, all was going ur way. Charlotte never stopped driving, never stopped attacking, and finally got rewarded a little for it. Howard is great defensively but did you REALLY think he was going to end the game with 20 blocks?

Which brings me to my next point. The guy DOES commit fouls. In fact, Howard commits A LOT of fouls he doesnt even get called for. He bumps people, he swings elbows, he does it all. Sure he gets called for ticky tack stuff now and again but who doesnt? He deserves the fouls. You cant be THAT much of a force in the paint without committing fouls. It just wouldnt make sense. It's the price he pays for being so active defensively in the paint. I mean what big man in the NBA has ever been able to dominate like he can defensively AND consistently stay out of foul trouble? No one. Look at big Z from cleveland. For the most part he has stayed out of major foul trouble in his career. Wanna know why? Because he doesnt intimidate anyone! He plays defense like a giant girl most of the time. When you go for so many blocks and try to do as much as Howard does defensively you're going to commit occasional fouls too. GET OVER IT! NO ONE IS OUT TO SCREW YOU!

Oh and just because Howard and Van Gundy act like their getting shafted on every play doesnt mean that they are.

You know that sweep through the lane move Howard has learned recently? Yea, it's a travel EVERY time. Not once have i seen him be called for it.

This fanbase seriously needs to stop thinking the NBA is out to get them. Especially when its just becoming irrational. The NBA is crossing its fingers that Orlando plays Cleveland in the ECF, so their is NO WAY they are trying to screw you against the bobcats.

I occasionally pop in here just to read and see whats going on but it finally got to the point where something just had to be said. There's some real good guys on this board like lewisforthewin and others but a lot of you are just plain nuts. This board tries to come off as organized and well put together and for 'real, intelligent' basketball talk but most of he fans in here just ruin that.

BTW, im not a troll or a Cavs fan trying to get a rise out of you. You'e just REALLY starting to remind me of Laker fans and it's just pathetic.

This guy IS a Cavs fan. He has registered two other accounts on this board with "Cavs" in the names, as well as the email addressed he uses on the account. We got his IP now.

ALL this fan base does is complain about the officiating. It's really gotten to the point to where it's become nauseating. But let me ask you this:

EVERYONE has said that the Cavs/Magic series is going to be GREAT. It's gonna draw HUGE ratings. If ANYTHING were happening, which nothing is, it would be the NBA trying to HELP Orlando.

You guys seriously have an inferiority complex. Literally about 60% of the game thread is a comment about the officiating. And i got news for you, the officiating WAS NOT biased. I watched the entire game, and as an NBA fan, there was nothing wrong with the officiating as far as FAIRNESS is concerned. As a matter of fact, it sure seemed like the Magic got every call in the first half. Howard's goaltend, ticky tack crap, all was going ur way. Charlotte never stopped driving, never stopped attacking, and finally got rewarded a little for it. Howard is great defensively but did you REALLY think he was going to end the game with 20 blocks?

Which brings me to my next point. The guy DOES commit fouls. In fact, Howard commits A LOT of fouls he doesnt even get called for. He bumps people, he swings elbows, he does it all. Sure he gets called for ticky tack stuff now and again but who doesnt? He deserves the fouls. You cant be THAT much of a force in the paint without committing fouls. It just wouldnt make sense. It's the price he pays for being so active defensively in the paint. I mean what big man in the NBA has ever been able to dominate like he can defensively AND consistently stay out of foul trouble? No one. Look at big Z from cleveland. For the most part he has stayed out of major foul trouble in his career. Wanna know why? Because he doesnt intimidate anyone! He plays defense like a giant girl most of the time. When you go for so many blocks and try to do as much as Howard does defensively you're going to commit occasional fouls too. GET OVER IT! NO ONE IS OUT TO SCREW YOU!

Oh and just because Howard and Van Gundy act like their getting shafted on every play doesnt mean that they are.

You know that sweep through the lane move Howard has learned recently? Yea, it's a travel EVERY time. Not once have i seen him be called for it.

This fanbase seriously needs to stop thinking the NBA is out to get them. Especially when its just becoming irrational. The NBA is crossing its fingers that Orlando plays Cleveland in the ECF, so their is NO WAY they are trying to screw you against the bobcats.

I occasionally pop in here just to read and see whats going on but it finally got to the point where something just had to be said. There's some real good guys on this board like lewisforthewin and others but a lot of you are just plain nuts. This board tries to come off as organized and well put together and for 'real, intelligent' basketball talk but most of he fans in here just ruin that.

BTW, im not a troll or a Cavs fan trying to get a rise out of you. You'e just REALLY starting to remind me of Laker fans and it's just pathetic.

This guy IS a Cavs fan. He has registered two other accounts on this board with "Cavs" in the names, as well as the email addressed he uses on the account. We got his IP now.

LOL @ someone typing out an essay bashing a team and its fans on their own board and expecting a discussion about it.

quote:
Originally posted by FANofNBA:

You guys seriously have an inferiority complex. Literally about 60% of the game thread is a comment about the officiating. And i got news for you, the officiating WAS NOT biased. I watched the entire game, and as an NBA fan, there was nothing wrong with the officiating as far as FAIRNESS is concerned. As a matter of fact, it sure seemed like the Magic got every call in the first half.

quote:
Howard's goaltend, ticky tack crap, all was going ur way.

Tough goaltend call, and ticky tack fouls aren't normally called in the playoffs, so you should hardly consider them fouls (unless you're talking about the WNBA playoffs)

quote:
Charlotte never stopped driving, never stopped attacking, and finally got rewarded a little for it. Howard is great defensively but did you REALLY think he was going to end the game with 20 blocks?

Copy/pasting what I said earlier

quote:

Which brings me to my next point. The guy DOES commit fouls. In fact, Howard commits A LOT of fouls he doesnt even get called for. He bumps people, he swings elbows, he does it all. Sure he gets called for ticky tack stuff now and again but who doesnt? He deserves the fouls. You cant be THAT much of a force in the paint without committing fouls. It just wouldnt make sense. It's the price he pays for being so active defensively in the paint. I mean what big man in the NBA has ever been able to dominate like he can defensively AND consistently stay out of foul trouble? No one.

No... this is actually pretty dumb. Yes, Howard DOES commit fouls, but a lot of it are just silly bumps that do that affect the gameplay that much (and shouldn't be called, especially in the playoffs). Hakeem, Ben Wallace, Dikembe (all GREAT defenders and shot blockers) did not average any more than 4 fouls a game. Hakeem averaged 3.5 in his career, Ben Wallace is averaging less than 2, and Dikembe right below 3. Howard? 3.2 fouls a game.

quote:
Look at big Z from cleveland. For the most part he has stayed out of major foul trouble in his career. Wanna know why? Because he doesnt intimidate anyone! He plays defense like a giant girl most of the time. When you go for so many blocks and try to do as much as Howard does defensively you're going to commit occasional fouls too. GET OVER IT! NO ONE IS OUT TO SCREW YOU!

blahblahblah and to the bolded part: yes, for the most part this is true... Stern wouldn't win anything for Charlotte winning the series, although he'd definitely win over a longer series. Every fan base believes their team is being screwed, you should get over that.

quote:

k

quote:

Yeah, okay Reggie Miller. Patrick Ewing frowns upon you.

quote:

Yes, but being the underdog for so long fans forget that... whatever, you're being redundant

quote:

Like almost every message board in the NBA.

quote:

k