Sign in to follow this  
habib11

My biggest fear... how easily the NBA could screw us in the playoffs..

quote:

I watched the games, and yes the calls were very bad. James gets all the calls anyway, playoffs or not. Magic still won.

We won because we were just so much better than the Cavs last year. No amount of bad reffing could have saved them.

This year the teams are neck and neck in terms of talent, so the refs can sway this series much easier.

I personally thought the 06 Finals was the ultimate example of how much of a joke the NBA is. The Mavericks won that championship in my books, and Dampier walked away with the Finals MVP.

quote:
Originally posted by habib11:

First off, I think every fanbase around the league can agree that the NBA wants a Cle/LA finals.

So with that said, is anybody else worried about the referees targetting Dwight and easily shafting us in a 7-game series? The thing is, it would be so **** easy for them to pull it off, they've been shafting D12 ALL YEAR and its like they've set a precedent.

A touch foul here, a b.s. charge there etc.. and we could be without Dwight for big stretches in multiple games. Last yr it was like that too but we were just a much better team, the Cavs have made big improvements and if the refs do target Dwight its going to be very difficult to overcome.

RE: I thought the NBA was setting Dwight up for failure since the season started by calling phantom fouls on Dwight. That way they and the rest of the Orlando hating media can say he has a tendency to foul without even having to comment on a replay. Again the Magic will have to beat the other teams and the refs. Yeh, ocassionally the refs will throw us a bone just to make it look good for plausible deniability. But the Magic can do it with their depth. It's good they kept Gortat.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

check out you tube

greatest tragedy in sports

its a 9 part series on the 2002 king lakers series.

link for those who need it

most of us dont just say the nba refs are cheats for the sake of it.

I agree the ref cheating was very bad in that playoff series; however, I think with the Tim Donaghy thing, the NBA would have to be more careful.

Also, did you watch the ECF last year?

The cheating for the Cavs was so blatant, that even ESPN was talking about.

I watched the games, and yes the calls were very bad. James gets all the calls anyway, playoffs or not. Magic still won.

RE: Oh yeh..i remember. I hardly watched the NBA for years after that. Remember it's a business and Stein will do anything short of hiring a hit man to make more money for the himself and his friends.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:

And I don't think the NBA has anything against the Magic (which completely kills your ridiculous theory), they just want to see Cavs/LBJ in the finals.

Yeah but I think the refs have something against us. Come on, Dwight leads the league in technical fouls. I am sure that they hate him by now.

In my view, Dwight has earned every technical foul and more. He stares down the ref, holds the ball for way to long, and then does something stupid in protest. His actions are disrespectful to the officials and also immature.

This whole Dwight technical conspiracy issue is a non-starter. He deserved the ones he has gotten.

Now if you want to say that the refs let other players like Kobe and LeBron get away with things, that is a different argument. That is a case of not calling techs on them when they deserve it.

The whole idea of fairness in the NBA is consistency. When you call technicals or fouls on one superstar and turn your back on others that is bias. Bias is just another form of cheating. No one can deny that on average the Magic do not get as many home court fouls as teams like the Celts, Lakers and Cavs. If that is not bias it sure smells of bias...which again is cheating. Are you a Cavs fan or what?

quote:
Originally posted by habib11:

I personally thought the 06 Finals was the ultimate example of how much of a joke the NBA is. The Mavericks won that championship in my books, and Dampier walked away with the Finals MVP.

Wade was made untouchable.

quote:
Barnes, I am concerned about him getting into a fight, look what happened between him and Rafer Alston.

If he does fight I hope it's with Kobe or LeBron and they both get tossed and suspended for a game icon_biggrin.gif

I've always wondered why coaches don't send in somebody to...