Sign in to follow this  
COLOMBIANO

Agent 0

What helped him besides being an athlete is that the situation did not really escalate into nothing else but just a presence of guns in the building.

Besides showing the guns and putting them on a table, nothing SERIOUS actually happened, it could of escalated but it didn't. So add that to his athlete status and this sentencing isn't that surprising.

As for Delonte, i thought his trial was delayed until later when the season would be over something like that?

Yes, the legal system should throw the book at Arenas. He brought a gun into the arena and did NOTHING with it. Lock him up and throw away the key. He's clearly a danger to society.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Yes, the legal system should throw the book at Arenas. He brought a gun into the arena and did NOTHING with it. Lock him up and throw away the key. He's clearly a danger to society.

quote:
Originally posted by BLOCK PARTY:

if i brought guns to where i work i would get the death sentence. (i work at an elementary school and at the airport)

THIS!!!

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by BLOCK PARTY:

if i brought guns to where i work i would get the death sentence. (i work at an elementary school and at the airport)

THIS!!!

Fortunately for Gilbert, he doesn't work at a school or the airport. He had the gun in the locker room. You are acting like he took the gun onto the floor and started pointing it at children. Every day there are people that illegally carry guns. If every one of them were prosecuted like you want Arenas to be prosecuted, our court system would be so backed up that nothing would ever be accomplished.

Truth be told, while I agree that what Arenas did with the gun was stupid, I really don't blame him for having the gun on his person. Athletes make very lucrative targets for violent crime.

i was just making a joke. i don't really work there, those are just two of the worst places to bring a gun that i could think of and i am not acting like he pointed the gun at children. i never said that and i never said i wanted arenas to be prosecuted. what i meant by saying that is that arenas basically got no punishment. someone who isn't a star athlete would have gotten a much harsher penalty. i personally don't care how he is punished, i was just making an observation. i understand how arenas is feeling and i wish him the best. i have wanted to do-over certain parts of my life. we all do.

quote:

disagree.

The gun was in a public area. Sure he didn't do anything, but that's after the fact isn't it? The potential was there.

Think about the Plaxico Burress situation, where it actually did go wrong. Luckily he only hurt himself.

I believe athletes put themselves into these kinds of situations. How many times do we hear about some rich executive or bank CEO etc. carrying a gun to protect his wealth? Unfortunately athletes often come from rough backgrounds and associate themselves with the same people that they "grew up" with.