Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Game Thread: Magic @ Hawks 03/24 7PM

It was just as much Dwight's fault. He just stood there and made no effort. The offense finally came alive late, no doubt in my mind if it went to OT we would've won.

Bad night for Magic fans, both Atlanta and Boston sneak up on us and are in striking distance of 2nd if we don't take care of business the rest of the way.

Shard had a terrible game. The least he could have done was put his body between the ball and the basket. He is probably the least physical player on the team pound for pound.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

It was just as much Dwight's fault. He just stood there and made no effort. The offense finally came alive late, no doubt in my mind if it went to OT we would've won.

Bad night for Magic fans, both Atlanta and Boston sneak up on us and are in striking distance of 2nd if we don't take care of business the rest of the way.

Dwight was on the other side of the basket, I mean hell he is a great athlete but you honestly think he could of done anything from that far away?

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

What do you want Dwight to do? He was over playing help D on Johnson and boxing out the other side of the rim.

Why am I the only one glad we lost this one...? Do most of you seriously want to see a Magic/Boston series again?

How about giving credit to Vince's defense Joe Johnson in the last few minutes.

..and what's up with Redick playing nearly the entire quarter, Barnes should have been in their during crunch time.

After watching that play again I want to let you guys know something, Josh came from literally about 15 feet away. You can't put a body on a player who is not there, especially when you don't even know he is there. Shard was facing the opposite direction and was already trying to block out a second player.

You all need to give credit where it is due. Josh Smith just made a ****ing great play and there wasn't much that could be done about it. Deffinitley number 1 on top 10 tonight on SC. And with how bad we played the fact that we could have gone to OT should make you happy. We beat Atlanta 3 out of 4 times this year and do any of you honestly think they stand a chance against us in the playoffs? It took out worst shooting game since the all star break for them to beat us at the last second.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Why am I the only one glad we lost this one...? Do most of you seriously want to see a Magic/Boston series again?

I don't care who we play, I just want to keep that 2nd seed. I'm not worried we lost, but I'm concerned that we have left the door open for Atlanta or Boston to have a shot at taking the 2nd seed. 3 loss difference with 10 games left. Obiviously, 7-3 the rest of the way and it's a done deal. But we do play Dallas, San Antonio, Denver, and Cleveland. It's no lock.

Time to take care of business.