Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Dwight has some words for Skip Bayless

Could you imagine a world where Dwight is playing backup center and he comes in and gets 10 pts 10 rebs in 7 minutes these talking head types would be going ape **** at how good he is.

Point is I love Gortat and he really is a great player that could and probably should be a starter in this league but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say if roles were reversed people would notice some of his flaws and the Magic wouldn't be as successful.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

I don't think its absurd to say that Gortat has a wider range, softer hands and is more polished than Dwight.

I do.

Kimstrip010.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by NotByChoice:

Could you imagine a world where Dwight is playing backup center and he comes in and gets 10 pts 10 rebs in 7 minutes these talking head types would be going ape **** at how good he is.

Point is I love Gortat and he really is a great player that could and probably should be a starter in this league but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say if roles were reversed people would notice some of his flaws and the Magic wouldn't be as successful.

I think people are getting their panties in a bunch over nothing. Dwight is clearly the most dominant center in the game. Jordan is the best player ever but was HORRID from three point range for years.

Kobe is a better three point shooter than Jordan, but is Jordan the better player? Obviously. I think this is much ado about nothing.

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

I don't think its absurd to say that Gortat has a wider range, softer hands and is more polished than Dwight.

I do.

icon_confused.gif

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:

Could you blow LeBron any harder Dwight?

Oh give me a BREAK.

Do I look like a Lebron fan? Nope.

Do I think you are full of it? Yes. I find it hilarious that your idea of "blowing" someone is equivalent to the act of complimenting someone about their skills. Hey, next time Skip compliments Dwight, let's all say that he's blowing him. icon_rolleyes.gif

However, I do feel that we should hold off on the Skip bashing. He was one of the ONLY ESPN analysts who was calling out the refs during last years ECF; he even stood up for Dwight when he said "the refs show him no respect".

See this video if you are ready to hate Skip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-J4mZOcdDE

Maybe he is calling out Dwight to get him motivated. We'll see.

Nobody said you were a LeBron fan, you haven't even posted in this thread yet. That comment was way out of left field, JUST LIKE DWIGHT'S COMMENT ABOUT LEBRON. In a nut shell, this is what Dwight said:

"Skip can call me out as much as he wants, he's never played the game. I don't have to listen to him or anyone else from the media, just my coaches. LeBron James is amazing."

He gets his point across if he says:

"Skip can call me out as much as he wants, he's never played the game. I don't have to listen to him or anyone else from the media, just my coaches."

Ask yourself this question, are you ever going to hear LeBron praise Dwight, or anyone for that matter? No.

I'm not sure if you fully understand why Dwight brought up LeBron.. It's widely known that Skip doesn't like LeBron at all and is always pointing out every flaw in his game. So what Dwight was saying is "Why should I, or anybody for that matter, listen to Skip when he talks smack about my game, when he doesn't even think LeBron is good?"

He does get his point across without having to bring up LeBron, but it wasn't completely out of nowhere.

How often do teams double team Gortat? How often are coaches gameplanning to stop Gortat? Of course he can come in off the bench and can sometimes make it look like he's scoring with more ease than Dwight, but that's because he doesn't get anywhere near the defensive attention that Dwight gets.

But this is just Skip being Skip. All he does is say things to get people talking about him, and it's working....

quote:

I'm not sure if you fully understand why Dwight brought up LeBron.. It's widely known that Skip doesn't like LeBron at all and is always pointing out every flaw in his game. So what Dwight was saying is "Why should I, or anybody for that matter, listen to Skip when he talks smack about my game, when he doesn't even think LeBron is good?"

He does get his point across without having to bring up LeBron, but it wasn't completely out of nowhere.

Exaaaaaaaaaactly. I still don't see how, within context, anyone can take Dwight's comments as "blowing LeBron".

Too ludicrous.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

quote:

Could you blow LeBron any harder Dwight?

Do you actually disagree with Dwight? Please tell me no. Lebron is not one of best he is the best player in the league. Go Magic!!!

He's one of the best, Kobe is still better. Still doesn't mean Dwight has to blow him. He doesn't have to lie either like Shaq does when he says, "Dwight sucks", just don't say anything. Dwight still gets his point about Skip across if he gets off his knees.

Kobe will probably win more championships than Lebron will after it's all said and done, but James as an athlete is better than Kobe. When you look at Lebrons all around game, I don't think there's anyone in the world that's better.

I like Skip Bayless. He hates Lebron, he's got my vote.

And I agree with Treytime, Dwight could have got his point across without bringing up Lebron.

Dwight just needs to keep mature at times, he needs to try to be the best player. When he says "I want to be the best player in the league" Or whatever (even last night vs Spurs during pre game interview) he always stutters and doesnt sound like he really means it.

Dwight's a top player, but he could be more. And Lebron is probably enemy #1 for the magic right now, he's the biggest threat, so showing respect is great but no need to get googly eyed like Pietrus does about Kobe.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

he's the biggest threat, so showing respect is great but no need to get googly eyed like Pietrus does about Kobe.

See post above for the explanation on why Lebron was brought up.

If you missed the point, yes, it may look "googly eyed".