Sign in to follow this  
GhostAnime

So now that we all appreciate Vince now

quote:
Originally posted by cpower:

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

I would trade vince for hedo, hedo is on a horrible team, put him back on our team and he would be the same player he was with plenty of shooters around him and him causing a mismatch for boston and cleveland. I don't trust Vince, seeing as how inconsistent he has been this year and how truly awful he has been this year I don't see how anyone can trust him.

I don't appreciate Vince until he does something in the playoffs.

Hedo + Magic = Finals

Vince + Magic = ? don't know yet

A good player will fit in any team and any system. Hedo sucks in To means he is not a good player.

i think coaching and surrounding players have alot more to do with it, with courtney lee, stan sort of turned the kid into a semi-household name, lee in the nets system is not really something to talk about. one of my favorite things about the team seems to be it's ability to spot talent in a bad situation and then having said talent work out for our team in ways it wasn't working for another team.

if i was the gic and we had that kind of money to spend, i'd take a good long look at what a kid like cdr could bring to us, but this is offseason talk, nothing to see here.

quote:
Originally posted by cpower:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Fear Jameer!!:

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

I don't miss Hedo at all. He did some good things for us and I thank him for that, but he is in the past now.

Carter took time to find his groove, many of us were frustrated as hell, but he is doing fine now and seems to be gearing up for the playoffs. He can do so much stuff that Hedo can't.

Sure, Hedo is taller and many if not all Cavs fans will tell you that Hedo is the reason the Magic got to the Finals last year because of the matchup problems he caused, but he is also more likely to do stupid, hair pulling stuff because he wants to be Hero Turkoglu. Carter can throw up alot of constested fade aways and kinda sleepwalk through games, but he is also more likely to catch fire than Hedo.. and when he does, he is HOT! Everything seems to go in. Hedo rarely if ever did something like that for us.

Vince can drive to the basket and finish, Hedo would roll to the basket and flail his arms and scream. Vince rebounds decently and he is a good passer.

I would not trade Vince for Hedo. Not a chance.

Hedo is a typical case of a system player who was overpaid because the system suited him and made him look better than he is.

It makes me laugh when Cavs fans go on about Hedo causing the matchup problems. It was undoubtedly Rashard Lewis who did, hence their addition of Jamison. 'Shard was soooo clutch in that Cleveland series, it was unbelievable. Also when we beat Cleveland in the ECF last year we were without Jameer, who people forget is also a Cavs killer himself. He lights up Mo Williams every time he sees him.

On the thread topic, hell no I wouldn't trade Vince for Hedo now. VC is capable of going for 40 any given night still, even if you don't want to believe it, he is. And Hedo still has a 4 year 48 million dollar deal.... he's gonna be a Jerome James-Eddy Curry like player in a couple years where you can't deal him until he's expiring...

You can't sit there and act like Hedo Turkoglu didn't cause match up problems for the cavaliers. They had DELONTE WEST guarding Turkoglu. If thats not a mismatch then I don't know what one is.

Vince can still go for 40 any night?

Are you still living in 2004?

This is 2010 the guy is averaging 16 points a game. He has scored over 30 points twice all year in 59 games. Lets be realistic. We will be lucky to see him score over 30 two more times the rest of this year including the playoffs.

VC didnt go off as often coz he has learned how to play as a team. e.g. last night VC had 21 pts before the half time but he only attempted two shots after the half and none at the garbage time. He will surely score more when it comes to playoffs time. Did you know VC has avg more pts per game in playoffs than Kobe?

Ok cool, the guy scored 21 points with 2 shots after the half. Realistically you can't say if he played normal the rest of the game he was guaranteed 40.

My point is he has played bad this year. Has scored over 30 points twice in 59 games. So he his not a candidate to score over 40 any given night. He is not that player anymore. And its not because he has learned how to play as a team its because hes not the same player he has always been.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't miss Hedo at all. He did some good things for us and I thank him for that, but he is in the past now.

Carter took time to find his groove, many of us were frustrated as hell, but he is doing fine now and seems to be gearing up for the playoffs. He can do so much stuff that Hedo can't.

Sure, Hedo is taller and many if not all Cavs fans will tell you that Hedo is the reason the Magic got to the Finals last year because of the matchup problems he caused, but he is also more likely to do stupid, hair pulling stuff because he wants to be Hero Turkoglu. Carter can throw up alot of constested fade aways and kinda sleepwalk through games, but he is also more likely to catch fire than Hedo.. and when he does, he is HOT! Everything seems to go in. Hedo rarely if ever did something like that for us.

Vince can drive to the basket and finish, Hedo would roll to the basket and flail his arms and scream. Vince rebounds decently and he is a good passer.

Hedo is a typical case of a system player who was overpaid because the system suited him and made him look better than he is.

It makes me laugh when Cavs fans go on about Hedo causing the matchup problems. It was undoubtedly Rashard Lewis who did, hence their addition of Jamison. 'Shard was soooo clutch in that Cleveland series, it was unbelievable. Also when we beat Cleveland in the ECF last year we were without Jameer, who people forget is also a Cavs killer himself. He lights up Mo Williams every time he sees him.

On the thread topic, hell no I wouldn't trade Vince for Hedo now. VC is capable of going for 40 any given night still, even if you don't want to believe it, he is. And Hedo still has a 4 year 48 million dollar deal.... he's gonna be a Jerome James-Eddy Curry like player in a couple years where you can't deal him until he's expiring...

You can't sit there and act like Hedo Turkoglu didn't cause match up problems for the cavaliers. They had DELONTE WEST guarding Turkoglu. If thats not a mismatch then I don't know what one is.

This is 2010 the guy is averaging 16 points a game. He has scored over 30 points twice all year in 59 games. Lets be realistic. We will be lucky to see him score over 30 two more times the rest of this year including the playoffs.

He is knowing and playing his role in the offense.. I'm not saying he can score 40 every night, I'm saying he could score 40 on any night, and do you recall what a matchup problem it was just a month ago when they tried to put Anthony Parker or even Delonte West on Vince in that 4th quarter?

And Jameer is averaging 16.7 pts and 5 assists per game against Cleveland this year, I'm sorry, I jumped the gun on saying he's a Cavs killer, but I always seem to remember him hitting clutch shots against them

quote:

quote:

quote:

If I've learned one thing over the years playoff Vince vs regular season Vince is a whole nother animal. I'm pretty sure what we've seen in the regular season is only half of what we will see in the playoffs.

quote:

and the biggest mismatch when it comes to Orlando vs. Cleveland, which hasn't changed, is Stan Van Gundy is a far superior coach to Mike Brown..

that goes without saying,

I like Hedo as a product of a system, clearly the raps lack any kind of real presence in the paint where Hedo shines the most.

This thread shows how big of an idiot bringithomerashard really is.

I mean seriously; anyone who has been watching the games since the All-Star game could not make any of the arguments this guy is making, at least with a straight face.

Hedo is gone. Vince is better. Live with it.

quote:
Originally posted by VCMagic15:

bringithomerashard has the lowest IQ on a basketball forum. Kid sound's like he has no idea what he is talking about.

Sounds like he's a hedo homer.

Here is one for you: Hedo is by far the most overrated player in the NBA.

People forget just how badly Hedo shot for us last season. Like, last year's Hedo basically equaled Vince from November through January.

With the way Vince has been playing since February... this Vince Carter, the real throughout-his-career Vince Carter, makes me not miss last year's Hedo much at all. Hedo from two years ago sure, but not last season's version and certainly not this year's version.

Hedo's success here had as much to do as playing next to Dwight Howard and the space he provides his teammates than anything else.

As long as the team ball movement stays in a good flow, then that will make up for the rest of what left with Hedo & Alston (and Lee as well, underrated passer).