Sign in to follow this  
Hank Moody

Hedo Turkoglu

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

I'd say Turk's only shining moments in the playoffs last year were just his assists and how it seemed he would pass all over the floor; I'm not sure if it was solely because of height but I've never seen Vince do that as much....

yet..

The thing is Vince doesn't have to. Like I said, it's not like we're down in assists as a team because Hedo isn't here. Everyone's forgetting our best play maker in Jameer went down, so Hedo had to basically carry the load. With both Vince and Jameer, we can have either one creating for the other, and that keeps the defense guessing. See: game against the Bobkitties this year, game against the Cavs, etc...

Remember when Turk was in the top 5 last year or two years ago, for avg points in the 4th quarter?

I'm still baffled why the majority of the board dislike Turk.

"Speed, quickness, defense, finishing at the rim, creating his own shot, creating for others, and etc were all things in which we improved by having Jameer back and Carter."

okay, I agree with this to a point. But again, it's not a completely fair comparison; we don't know how Turk would have done with a healthy jameer last season [playoff-wise]. whats to say Jameer controls the ball and limits Hedo's antics? could he have been more effective? possibly. I still feel that Hedo has exceptional ball handling and passing skills for his size but the word "playmaker" is so god*amn cliched and abused by the media that it hold no meaning anymore.

pancakes what do you think about Hedo's legacy? it's too bad that most fans will judge based solely on the playoffs, not his overall career in Orlando.

Bigpimpatl,

Go back and watch any magic game from last season. Watch the shots he took.... his lack of defense and his standing when he did not have the ball.... He was cancer

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

Bigpimpatl,

Go back and watch any magic game from last season. Watch the shots he took.... his lack of defense and his standing when he did not have the ball.... He was cancer

care to provide some footage? you obviously know what you're talking about.

Well for a start you could watch Nba finals 2009 game 1-5..... or conference finals.... or semi finals..... or even the first round....

Then there are all the games in the season, if you really want to have fun go back through the old game threads and see what the most discussed topic of conversation is

Don't give Turk his size advantage over Carter becouse it doeasn't matter.

Guys play two different positions, thanks to Turk gone we have Matt Barnes in starting lineup, around same size and at least twice more athletic and VC, much bigger and stronger from C.Lee, he can even take care basicly any SF at the defensive end.

quote:

I'm still baffled why the majority of the board dislike Turk.

It's not that we dislike Turk. It's that we're fed up with people overhyping what he meant to this team.

He was part of our team and now he is not. We have replaced him with Vince Carter and that's that. Nothing else. We aren't worse off but we have yet to see if we are better off.

VC doesnt rack up that many assists simply because the offense we run for Vince is to set a pick for him to score, or post him up to score. If he gets an assist it's because they double teamed him, it's not like we ask him to penetrate and find open shooters (like we do with Nelson)

He did do this when Nelson went down, now that Nelson is back we dont make him do that. I liked having VC make plays but just having him score works fine....I mean you make plays to score.

otis talking to portland was already mentioned in the press last summer..hedo is on a different team now so the fact that he isn't playing well for toronto should be in the all around nba section along w/ the courtney lee..carlos arroyo..and posts about other former magic players..