Sign in to follow this  
NittanyBuc

OTIZ EXPECTS JJ TO RECEIVE INTEREST DURING OFFSEASON

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

and why is that

Because whether you like it or not, JJ is a VERY talented player. Whenever Vince was injured, he held the fort down pretty well.

Just one thing that stands out to me right away: him score the very difficult game winning shot against Boston in Game 3 during this season.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

and why is that

Because whether you like it or not, JJ is a VERY talented player. Whenever Vince was injured, he held the fort down pretty well.

Just one thing that stands out to me right away: him score the very difficult game winning shot against Boston in Game 3 during this season.

what are you talking about you must of read my post wrong or something. The guy claimed that JJ redick was a marginal starter but would struggle to stay in the NBA.

SO i said sarcastically that you should work with him on his game since you know what he needs to get better at or what to become to stay in the nba.

JJ Redick is my favorite player on this team lol

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

The thing with Drunk On Mystery, is that he at least makes you think instead of typing up typical emotional/unintelligible responses. That much I can appreciate, now the way he does it...

anyways, I think JJ will get up to 4.5mil simply because of demand: there could be up to 3 teams that will be big players in free agency, and several others that have positioned themselves to sign a couple names and solidify their rosters. Once the dust settles with all the big names, there will be GMs out there who will look to find those rotation players to round out their bench. Although there could be that GM who stupidly overestimates, I don't see that happening at all with CBA expiration right around the corner.

I think JJ has reached his peak from a strength/conditioning standpoint. All that remains for him is to consistently be a factor for 20 minutes.

i think we'll match 4.5

i dont think we'll match upwards of 5 though.

quote:

SO i said sarcastically that you should work with him on his game since you know what he needs to get better at or what to become to stay in the nba.

My bad, couldn't tell you were being sarcastic.

There have just many so many retarded posts on this board since the Orlando-Lakers game that it's hard to tell who's being serious.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

jack l j, how much do you think JJ will actually be offered?

It was this post that derailed this thread and made it personal instead of a basketball discussion.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

The thing with Drunk On Mystery, is that he at least makes you think instead of typing up typical emotional/unintelligible responses. That much I can appreciate, now the way he does it...

anyways, I think JJ will get up to 4.5mil simply because of demand: there could be up to 3 teams that will be big players in free agency, and several others that have positioned themselves to sign a couple names and solidify their rosters. Once the dust settles with all the big names, there will be GMs out there who will look to find those rotation players to round out their bench. Although there could be that GM who stupidly overestimates, I don't see that happening at all with CBA expiration right around the corner.

I think JJ has reached his peak from a strength/conditioning standpoint. All that remains for him is to consistently be a factor for 20 minutes.

i think we'll match 4.5

hmm if we win a 'ship, I can see it happening. otherwise, it's an extra mil in luxury tax.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

i think we'll match 4.5

hmm if we win a 'ship, I can see it happening. otherwise, it's an extra mil in luxury tax.

well gortat will be traded and probably bass.

It really depends on the other moves we make.

i dont expect jj to get a very big deal at all though. He'll probably take the q-offer and look for a big deal the following offseason.

so if he takes the qualifying offer, that means he's a full blown FA the next summer right? Unless a team signs him into an offer sheet, then we are forced to match (if we want to keep him).

Then it will be best if nobody makes a play for him huh...I think JJ is probably #4 or #5 on GM wish lists. so still a good chance he gets an offer.

What would it mean, if he didn't take the qualifying offer? is that even possible?

quote:

so if he takes the qualifying offer, that means he's a full blown FA the next summer right? Unless a team signs him into an offer sheet, then we are forced to match (if we want to keep him).

Then it will be best if nobody makes a play for him huh...possible in this stacked FA class.

pretty much. and if JJ really wants to leave us they he's not going to sign anybody's offer unless its astronomical

if someone gives him a 4 year $20 million offer we probably match it (as most players are easy to move when they are below the mle). If he signs that and we match he is stuck here for 4 more years.

The only way he goes to another team is if he signs an offer that he's certain we wont match (and after the gortat matching nothing is certain).

We're going to keep him for one more year

I would be extremely surprised if JJ, or any player who's an RFA this offseason for that matter, rejects a multi-year deal in favor of a QO. With the lockout coming, and much smaller contracts in the immediate future for role players, it's better business to take a bit less money now than to risk taking a LOT less later.