Sign in to follow this  
StrongMind3

Now in Regards to Matt Barnes' "Pump Fake" to Kobe's Head...

I know I know...this doesn't necessarily deserve it's own thread but this has been a popular subject around the interwebz...

now just like all of you i thought barnes pump faked towards the direction of kobe's head. kobe not flinchin made me think "**** this dude is hard as hell cause i know i woulda jumped back like a female" but just wait...

could this be just an illusion?

a "depth of field trickery" like someone form another forum stated?

now in the gif if you look closely it looks like kobe isn't standing directly in front of matt but instead towards his right

59ucms.gif

now if kobe was standing directly in front of him wouldn't there be some type of reaction from the crowd? the ref lookin weird like "what the hell?" or even a smirk from kobe?

thoughts?

I know I know...this doesn't necessarily deserve it's own thread but this has been a popular subject around the interwebz...

now just like all of you i thought barnes pump faked towards the direction of kobe's head. kobe not flinchin made me think "**** this dude is hard as hell cause i know i woulda jumped back like a female" but just wait...

could this be just an illusion?

a "depth of field trickery" like someone form another forum stated?

now in the gif if you look closely it looks like kobe isn't standing directly in front of matt but instead towards his right

59ucms.gif

now if kobe was standing directly in front of him wouldn't there be some type of reaction from the crowd? the ref lookin weird like "what the hell?" or even a smirk from kobe?

thoughts?

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

could be..barnes seems to be looking past him and not at him..

Yeah I agree.....you would think the ref wouldve said something if he was to fake it at his face.

After the fake when the refs blew the play dead for whatever reason, Kobe started jawing at Matt with a smirk on his face like if he was saying "were you trying to scare me?" but this is just what I assumed happened. I wish there was a better angle.

What I found most interesting is the fact that you can see by how Kobe is swaying side to side staring Barnes down Barnes got under his skin. Kobe was rattled. That I loved. I really think he was staring barnes down so hard that he didn't even see the pump fake coming. LOL

Even if it was directed and on purpose, Kobe wouldn't need to flinch because he knows Barnes would never do that, and if he did he'd get thrown out of the game, so it'd be a win win.

In this case, however, he should've flinched:

knockout_kobe__childs.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

i saw a camera angle from above on espn news today..he pumped to the left of his head, not directly at his face..

When i saw it i could tell he wasn't pump faking the ball at Kobe's head. He was just faking a quick pass. Man there are threads about how Kobe is sooo "GANGSTA" because he didn't flinch. LMAO!