Sign in to follow this  
MagicHistorian

Anyone want to explain this logic to me

Why are we going to resign JJ after the year? JJ played 11 minutes the last game and this game he has 6 minutes right now. It is obvious that Stan wants to play Carter extended minutes and look how much Redick's minutes have went down the last month. It makes no sense to keep him considering he is going to want more money then our back up shooting guard should get, plus he is too talented to sit on the bench and play 10 minutes a game. So either stan should start playing him a little more or lets get rid of him. This is not at all a thread bashing Redick, infact he is my favorite player in the NBA. I just don't understand why we are going to resign him with a big contract and play him 10 minutes per game.

Why are we going to resign JJ after the year? JJ played 11 minutes the last game and this game he has 6 minutes right now. It is obvious that Stan wants to play Carter extended minutes and look how much Redick's minutes have went down the last month. It makes no sense to keep him considering he is going to want more money then our back up shooting guard should get, plus he is too talented to sit on the bench and play 10 minutes a game. So either stan should start playing him a little more or lets get rid of him. This is not at all a thread bashing Redick, infact he is my favorite player in the NBA. I just don't understand why we are going to resign him with a big contract and play him 10 minutes per game.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

He has proven himself in this league. He has value. If the price is right, he should be re-signed. That price is based on his talent, not his minutes.

That was my point. He is a talented player. His career is just being ruined by playing 10 minutes a game. He should play somewhere else.

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Weisbard:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

He has proven himself in this league. He has value. If the price is right, he should be re-signed. That price is based on his talent, not his minutes.

That was my point. He is a talented player. His career is just being ruined by playing 10 minutes a game. He should play somewhere else.

You could say the same thing about Gortat. He's too good to be playing so few minutes a game. Guess what, that's why this team is so deep. Why should the team give up such a great advantage in the depth they have?

quote:

Because bench players have alot of value in the NBA, especially when the starters are in foul trouble.

That's enough logic for you.

Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Mouse:

for depth

carter does tend to be injury prone

and it sounds like you are complaining? you sound like a jerk. I mean we just beat figgin LA

You really have a lack of knowledge of who I am. I am not a jerk because I feel bad for a kid that has not gotten much of a chance his whole career after being player of the year in College Basketball. Next time before you go out calling people names actually think what you are saying.

quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Mouse:

for depth

carter does tend to be injury prone

and it sounds like you are complaining? you sound like a jerk. I mean we just beat figgin LA

Yea , that's it. Berate people for having an opinion. WOOT you beat LA!!! you think fans in LA hold a parade when they beat a top team? Or do you think they just move on and win championships?

Why would the Magic give two ****s about whether or not Redick is getting the best possible opportunity? They're in the business of trying to be a successful basketball team, not spreading happiness amongst their players.

quote:

You really have a lack of knowledge of who I am. I am not a jerk because I feel bad for a kid that has not gotten much of a chance his whole career after being player of the year in College Basketball. Next time before you go out calling people names actually think what you are saying.

Quit trolling.