Sign in to follow this  
livebythe3

Official Game Thread: Finals Rematch- Lakers @ Magic- 3/7/10

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

the thing i don't understand is that matt barnes was used down the stretch. i wonder why pietrus wasn't despite what van gundy said about him.

tenacity

quote:
Originally posted by JR_D12Magic:

Great win. Refs suck!! Very bad calls both ways but for the most part on the magic.

Barnes just earned himself a fat contract extension in my opinion. Sign him up Otis.

Again another blown 4th qtr lead tho. Rashard grow some nuts a show me u can dunk the ball.

the sad thing is we cant afford to give him any more than a 10% raise. no bird rights or early bird rights.

quote:
You got a team full of Pitbulls and a team full of Cane Corsos, and that's what happens," Howard said of the physical play. "We're the Pitbulls. Pitbulls are a little bit shorter, and Corsos are a little bit bigger. But, hey, we got the job done."

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

If we win a championship, im sure Barnes wont mind staying.

He's 29 and has had minimum deals his whole career. He is in his prime. He is going to want more money, he doesn't have much time left for a larger deal.

Expect this play from him every game in the post season.

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

If we win a championship, im sure Barnes wont mind staying.

He's 29 and has had minimum deals his whole career. He is in his prime. He is going to want more money, he doesn't have much time left for a larger deal.

Expect this play from him every game in the post season.

He still has the option and it seems that he enjoys being here. If anything, give him the BAE or part of the MLE again. He'll be back

Great game!!! However Magic should of destroyed LA by 20 points Imho!!!

20 turnovers unacceptable if where gonna win It all we have to tighten up. True Champions dont make that many Mistakes!!! Go Magic!!!

quote:
Originally posted by RealMagic89:

Great game!!! However Magic should of destroyed LA by 20 points Imho!!!

20 turnovers unacceptable if where gonna win It all we have to tighten up. True Champions dont make that many Mistakes!!! Go Magic!!!

Good point and your right... I think when the playoffs start, we wont get as many cheap calls like we do in the season.... So that should work in our favor...

Since really the only thing that can stop Dwight is the whistle.

AMAZING win. The intensity was unbelievable!

Rarely do I post on this site but tonight it felt right. This is my take on the game

This win tonight was huge IMO... We now have :

-Beaten the Cavs and Lakers in the last 15 days.

-Been riding a five game win streak. And visiting the Clippers tuesday.

-Only a 2 game gap behind the Lakers and 5 game behind the Cavs for the best record.

If we want to make Finals and see those guys again were gonna love some home court. Lets get real, we got 18 games left. Were not catching LeBron. But we can catch LA!! I BELIEVE we will

Anyways.. This GAME WAS AWESOME!

This is our year and people are starting to realize it.

The defense was contagious. Kobe did Kobe and put up 36 and dished 7 assists, most likely to Pau Gasol who put up 20. Besides that we shut them down! Nobody else in double figures. Sorry!! Stockton/Malone era ended a couple years back. In the mean time our whole starting lineup put up double figures. And I gotta hand it to Matty Barnes! If we had him one year sooner, we would have one more championship to add to the one I see us taking this year! I loved his energy and tenacity! no homo

This was the spark that we needed to give us that push to close out the year. This team is starting to GEL.

Just fix these 4th quarter collapse and were the scariest team in the LEAUGE come playoff time.

The energy and heart in this game was amazing to see. Gasol was so mad he tried to hammer fist Dwight on the dunk! I need to make sure I get that poster. The refs did an alright job keeping it cool, but in the mean time made some pretty looney calls if you ask me.

Well I'm done. I was pretty excited to make a post, probably my 8th or so... Now I'm rather tired and and desire a glass of milk and to pass out watching a replay of the game. Night Magic fans

quote:
Originally posted by TallyMagic:

AMAZING win. The intensity was unbelievable!

Rarely do I post on this site but tonight it felt right. This is my take on the game

This win tonight was huge IMO... We now have :

-Beaten the Cavs and Lakers in the last 15 days.

-Been riding a five game win streak. And visiting the Clippers tuesday.

-Only a 2 game gap behind the Lakers and 5 game behind the Cavs for the best record.

If we want to make Finals and see those guys again were gonna love some home court. Lets get real, we got 18 games left. Were not catching LeBron. But we can catch LA!! I BELIEVE we will

Anyways.. This GAME WAS AWESOME!

This is our year and people are starting to realize it.

The defense was contagious. Kobe did Kobe and put up 36 and dished 7 assists, most likely to Pau Gasol who put up 20. Besides that we shut them down! Nobody else in double figures. Sorry!! Stockton/Malone era ended a couple years back. In the mean time our whole starting lineup put up double figures. And I gotta hand it to Matty Barnes! If we had him one year sooner, we would have one more championship to add to the one I see us taking this year! I loved his energy and tenacity! no homo

This was the spark that we needed to give us that push to close out the year. This team is starting to GEL.

Just fix these 4th quarter collapse and were the scariest team in the LEAUGE come playoff time.

The energy and heart in this game was amazing to see. Gasol was so mad he tried to hammer fist Dwight on the dunk! I need to make sure I get that poster. The refs did an alright job keeping it cool, but in the mean time made some pretty looney calls if you ask me.

Well I'm done. I was pretty excited to make a post, probably my 8th or so... Now I'm rather tired and and desire a glass of milk and to pass out watching a replay of the game. Night Magic fans

good post. Post more often.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by JR_D12Magic:

Great win. Refs suck!! Very bad calls both ways but for the most part on the magic.

Barnes just earned himself a fat contract extension in my opinion. Sign him up Otis.

Again another blown 4th qtr lead tho. Rashard grow some nuts a show me u can dunk the ball.

the sad thing is we cant afford to give him any more than a 10% raise. no bird rights or early bird rights.

We can offer him the MLE.