Sign in to follow this  
Magic31

Chat with Darko Milicic

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by Magic31:

I was dissappointed with his explanation of why he wore the number 31. I mean I knew he wore the number 13 back in Serbia, but he also wore the number 11. And the number 13 is available with the Magic, so why didn't he switch back. I'm always interested in how players choose their numbers.

Maybe someone told him that the number 13 is traditionally unlucky in American culture. : )

funny dude,American culture!!!

lmfao,as i know it is unlucky all over the world

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

I really enjoy hearing this from him. It displays his dedication and hard work, and it's paying off.

Darrell McLellan (Halifax): David, great chat. You've mentioned both Darko and Howard; is there anyway the Magic keep Darko with Howard and are able to sign a big name free agent this summer, like VC or Rashard Lewis? And who should they target?

David Thorpe: I'm not sure what they can afford. I hear they don't love Darko's lack of work ethic. Lewis would be nice.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic31:

I was dissappointed with his explanation of why he wore the number 31. I mean I knew he wore the number 13 back in Serbia, but he also wore the number 11. And the number 13 is available with the Magic, so why didn't he switch back. I'm always interested in how players choose their numbers.

You have to remember there is a long process for an NBA player to change thier numbers, if you change it without approval from the higher ups the teams pays a fine for each game you play with the different number. So since he had the number 31 before being traded the Magic would have had to ask to have his number changed.

nice one Magic31!

it's a shame interviews such as these are so small. usually hundreds of ppl send a question and only the lucky few have theirs answered.

anyway, it's good to see him happy..