badboy

This loss all on Stan

quote:
Originally posted by MaGiC:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

At this point, I'm honestly torn.

On the one hand, I want my team to win.

On the other hand, I want Brandon Bass to play 36mpg for the next 2 months, so all you people will shut the hell up about how great his defense is based on one block he made in a preseason game.

Don't hate the player hate the game. Why the hate on Bass? We are not saying Bass is good and should play 36 minutes. What we just want is if Rashard or Anderson is not working, why not try something different that "maybe" can work.

Again: by that logic, I should get a shot at playing power forward.

Trying something new is useless if the new thing you're trying is idiotic.

quote:

quote:

quote:

On the other hand, I want Brandon Bass to play 36mpg for the next 2 months, so all you people will shut the hell up about how great his defense is based on one block he made in a preseason game.

Don't hate the player hate the game. Why the hate on Bass? We are not saying Bass is good and should play 36 minutes. What we just want is if Rashard or Anderson is not working, why not try something different that "maybe" can work.

Maybe you can if you can play ball and big like a power forward. Bass is new but what you need to understand is, we got him because of his size and play in power forward position.

quote:

Maybe you can if you can play ball and big like a power forward. Bass is new but you need to understand is we get him because of his size and play in power forward position.

Are...are you implying I've never seen Brandon Bass before?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by gobucsmagic:

DoM, the king of sarcasm. Never really read anything you've brought to a conversation that's been more than a shot at someone's opinion. Shoot first SG... haha, what a joker. Shoot first small forward, haha...you're hilarious. How about an actual constructive thought *******?

Aren't you the one who wanted me to prove that pace was faster in the 60s, and then disappeared after I did?

It doesn't actually count as not being constructive, just because you choose to ignore it when I make you look silly.

You're still completely ignoring the fact that Lewis and Anderson were being killed out there. At least make a change or adjustment, dbl team, twin towers, anything, to stop the bleeding.

You mean like when they started trapping? Or having Jameer drop off Collison to help? Or having Dwight shade off his man to force West to stay outside 10'(which is why Gray kept rebounds, by the way)? Those kinds of adjustments?

Saying "He should've made adjustments" is silly. He made adjustments. They just weren't especially effective, with the exception of one stretch in the third.

maybe I should have made it clearer, when a player is ripping you apart for 27 points in three quarters of play (and that god awful three pointer) you gotta do a lot more to stop him. Collison hit his shots, heck even Aaron gray joined the party in the 4th with his first FG with 6 min left to play! unbelievable.

To end the bass arguement: Magic is a two man team from previous performances. Opposite team isolates howard; MAGIC FALLS. All others are should be recycled. Magic lack players who are competitive and consistent. Sadly till then, we'll just keep handing teams with 20 or more pt deficits the game! YAY!.. psh

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

maybe I should have made it clearer, when a player is ripping you apart for 27 points in three quarters of play (and that god awful three pointer) you gotta do a lot more to stop him. Collison hit his shots, heck even Aaron gray joined the party in the 4th with his first FG with 6 min left to play! unbelievable.

Like what? It's easy to say: "But but but he should've done something!" when you don't actually have to make a coherent point.

And Collison was 6/18, so I'm not sure how you can construe that as Collison being a net positive for his team. Really, their whole team was terrible except West and I guess Thornton.

quote:

quote:

Maybe you can if you can play ball and big like a power forward. Bass is new but you need to understand is we get him because of his size and play in power forward position.

Are...are you implying I've never seen Brandon Bass before?

You are acting like it and not seeing the big 40 points West made in this game.

The main thing is Bass is a magic player if he or other magic players is not working "bad nights" maybe we can try to use another magic player "bench".

I know that what I'm about to say is about to fall on deaf ears, and therefore I am wasting my time.

1) Every once in a while players that have appeared in multiple all star games hit a series of tough shots and score 40 points. Often this has nothing to do with who is defending them, it has a lot more to do with a great player catching fire.

2) Conversely, every once in a while a great scorer goes 3-10 and scores 8 points. This often has little to do with the abilities of a player. It could be a number of variables, including, but not limited to: defensive strategy like double teams, taking advantage of a mismatch at a different position, or the player just having a cold night.

3) Brandon Bass is not Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, Hakeem Olajuwon and Tim Duncan rolled into one super-unstoppable basketball diety. He plays with energy, he's bulky, and he has a nice mid-range jumper. He's also short, has trouble rotating, has trouble defending lengthy offensive players, and is an offensive black hole the likes of which this team hasn't seen since Brian Cook. At least when Bass dribbles it isn't an automatic turnover.

You may now carry on your over-reactionary emotional rants based on little or no evidence.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't really see the idiocy. Bass plays for the Magic, doesn't he? He plays that position, doesn't he? He was signed to be our back up big and one that would bring some physicality to to the team.

Saying that Bass could have been brought in has to be far less idiotic than saying you could have been brought in.

I don't see why you are that convinced that Bass is no better choice than Anderson or Lewis.

I must say that Stan obviously agrees with you.

Either Otis was an idiot for signing him ,or Stan is incompetent for not playing him at all, even when a physical four is abusing our guys.