Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

Awards Watch (DPOY)

quote:
Originally posted by Its just zo:

Its cause scoring to everyone is more important than blocking shots and rebounding. Even though its the complete opposite. Scorers are a dime a dozen. Shot blockers and rebounders are very valuable. When you have 1 guy that leads the league in blocking AND rebounding, is just unheard of. Thus, first player in history will be Dwight.

But who cares right. Theres only been 34243241231412 players to average 28+ points a game, but thats more important remember?

If you're referring to LeBron, it's about much more than scoring. Leading the NBA in scoring,6th in assists, career high FG% and 3pt%, all while having the best record in the league. He's been running away with the MVP for about 2 months now. To the voters, he's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd right now. Unless Cleveland flops down the stretch, it will be a landslide.

Not taking anything away from Dwight, but that's just how it is.

The way the MVP should be done is by who is the most valuable to the top teams. If LeBron doesn't play, the Cavs lose, period. They have no offense when he's not in there to create. Dwight will be at the top of the voting, but he realistically has no chance, especially with Durant playing the way he has been playing.

I said scoring is more loved. Proof of that is Dwight is about to do something that has NEVER been done in NBA history and nobody is talking about it..who cares its just rebounding and blocking shotz

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

quote:

Its cause scoring to everyone is more important than blocking shots and rebounding. Even though its the complete opposite. Scorers are a dime a dozen. Shot blockers and rebounders are very valuable. When you have 1 guy that leads the league in blocking AND rebounding, is just unheard of. Thus, first player in history will be Dwight.

But who cares right. Theres only been 34243241231412 players to average 28+ points a game, but thats more important remember?

If you're referring to LeBron, it's about much more than scoring. Leading the NBA in scoring,6th in assists, career high FG% and 3pt%, all while having the best record in the league. He's been running away with the MVP for about 2 months now. To the voters, he's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd right now. Unless Cleveland flops down the stretch, it will be a landslide.

The way the MVP should be done is by who is the most valuable to the top teams. If LeBron doesn't play, the Cavs lose, period. They have no offense when he's not in there to create. Dwight will be at the top of the voting, but he realistically has no chance, especially with Durant playing the way he has been playing.

First of all, i started the thread and didn't mention anything about MVP. My point was DPOY. Second, no one here mentioned that Dwight should win MVP because Lebron clearly is the MVP of the league. Third, Dwight is on pace to do something that has NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE . No player the the league has ever lead the league in both rebounding and blocked shots in back to back seasons. IT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE!

Think about that for a second. Hakeem, Ewing, Barkley, Robinson, Shaq, Kareem, all hall of famers, none of them did it! Why is it not being given more attention? Dwight has been treated like a second class big man and is about to do what none of them have ever done. and it's not like his numbers are low either. Nearly 14 rebounds and 3 blocks a game are monster numbers. As a matter of fact 22 points, 14 rebounds and 3 blocks have never been done in a season by anyone. Do you think that is out of Dwight's abilities? He's been averaging 22/14/3.8 over the past month.

I would dare say that you are getting an early peek at what Dwight is planning for next season. I just keep wondering why people think he's not the best in the game or keep talking like he's second rate big man?

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:

quote:

First of all, i started the thread and didn't mention anything about MVP. My point was DPOY. Second, no one here mentioned that Dwight should win MVP because Lebron clearly is the MVP of the league. Third, Dwight is on pace to do something the has NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE . No player the the league has ever lead the league in both rebounding and blocked shots in back to back seasons. IT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE!

Think about that for a second. Hakeem, Ewing, Barkley, Robinson, Shaq, Sabonis, Kareem, all hall of famers, none of them did it! Why is it not being given more attention. Dwight has been treated like a second class big man and is about to do what none of them have ever done. and it's not like his numbers are low either. Nearly 14 rebounds and 3 blocks a game are monster numbers. As a matter of fact 22 points, 14 rebounds and 3 blocks have never been done in a season by anyone. Do you think that is out of Dwight's abilities? He's been averaging 22/14/3.8 over the past month.

I would dare say that you are getting an early peek at what Dwight is planning for next season. I just keep wondering why people think he's not the best in the game or keep talking like he's second rate big man?

Im pretty sure its never been done by a player 2 times in their career let alone back to back. I could be wrong though, but I thought thats what it was.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

First of all, i started the thread and didn't mention anything about MVP. My point was DPOY. Second, no one here mentioned that Dwight should win MVP because Lebron clearly is the MVP of the league. Third, Dwight is on pace to do something the has NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE . No player the the league has ever lead the league in both rebounding and blocked shots in back to back seasons. IT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE!

Think about that for a second. Hakeem, Ewing, Barkley, Robinson, Shaq, Sabonis, Kareem, all hall of famers, none of them did it! Why is it not being given more attention. Dwight has been treated like a second class big man and is about to do what none of them have ever done. and it's not like his numbers are low either. Nearly 14 rebounds and 3 blocks a game are monster numbers. As a matter of fact 22 points, 14 rebounds and 3 blocks have never been done in a season by anyone. Do you think that is out of Dwight's abilities? He's been averaging 22/14/3.8 over the past month.

Im pretty sure its never been done by a player 2 times in their career let alone back to back. I could be wrong though, but I thought that's what it was.

I think you are right. Which make sit even more astounding. Shaq always says that he is the originator of everything Dwight has ever done, yet when we hear Dwight's record breaking achievements he is always mentioned with wilt and Kareem. plus, DUDE IS JUST 24! icon_eek.gif

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Im pretty sure its never been done by a player 2 times in their career let alone back to back. I could be wrong though, but I thought that's what it was.

I think you are right. Which make sit even more astounding. Shaq always says that he is the originator of everything Dwight has ever done, yet when we hear Dwight's record breaking achievements he is always mentioned with wilt and Kareem. plus, DUDE IS JUST 24! icon_eek.gif

Thats my age and im a dummy

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

This is crap, Varejao is clearly DPOY.

are you retarded? AV? this is clearly LeBron's...

No, Hollinger said AV flops less (guess he didn't watch Sunday's game) and that makes him DPOY!

HE'S GOTZ THA HAIRZSZS!

Besides, Lebron already has MVP, ROY, MIP and COY wrapped up.

sideshow_bob1.jpg

DPOY FTW!!!!1!!!!!111!!!!!

quote:
Aaron (Orlando)

I still can't believe you picked Varejao as your mid-season DPOY. Want to rethink that?

John Hollinger (12:38 PM)

Why? He even played DHoward well in his few times lined up against him on Sunday, and that's normally a guy he has a lot of problems covering. Among big men he's the best pick-and-roll defender by far.

LOL

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:
Aaron (Orlando)

I still can't believe you picked Varejao as your mid-season DPOY. Want to rethink that?

John Hollinger (12:38 PM)

Why? He even played DHoward well in his few times lined up against him on Sunday, and that's normally a guy he has a lot of problems covering. Among big men he's the best pick-and-roll defender by far.

LOL

Hollinger is just making himself look like an idiot. I mean Dwight ripped Anderson Varejao to shrewds and Varejao was pulling a Denzel Washington all night.