Sign in to follow this  
Noonskadoodle17

NBA Banning Z from returning to Cavs???

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

it kinda goes against collusion rules.

but there needs to be some proof. either someone from cleveland has to spill the beans, or you get the wiz to come out. either way I don't see it happening...

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

it kinda goes against collusion rules.

but there needs to be some proof. either someone from cleveland has to spill the beans, or you get the wiz to come out. either way I don't see it happening...

Maybe someone in Washington will they did say that they weren't going to do Cleveland any favors.

I still remember how Bulter and Jamison and the rest of the Washington crew hated James over the years. And now they are making business with the cavs and gave them their best player for free. it's all business? or it's all fixed by NBA?

quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Mouse:

I don't really understand this. Will somebody please explain to me how this Z buyout works? I don't get how he is traded but 30 days later the cavs can buy him out

teams with players that have expiring contracts, may "buy" that players contract. meaning they can negotiate an amount upfront, and give up all rights to that player. Then, that player is free to sign with any team he wants. However, if he wants to play for the same team that traded him, he must wait 30 days. All other teams can sign immediately.

someone correct me if i'm wrong

Ugh, I just hate how it says "No. 1 draft pick". You mean to tell me Cleveland already has the number 1 pick in next year's draft???

I'm sure the word you were looking for was "first round draft pick", but hey, it's not a direct reflection on your ability to put a good article up for people to read. I mean it's only your job....

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Mouse:

I don't really understand this. Will somebody please explain to me how this Z buyout works? I don't get how he is traded but 30 days later the cavs can buy him out

teams with players that have expiring contracts, may "buy" that players contract. meaning they can negotiate an amount upfront, and give up all rights to that player. Then, that player is free to sign with any team he wants. However, if he wants to play for the same team that traded him, he must wait 30 days. All other teams can sign immediately.

someone correct me if i'm wrong

thanks big pimpin. I don't like that rule either so I am glad the NBA may be stepping in to stop the cavs from buying out Z. It's unethical to trade someone to a team then buy him back.