Sign in to follow this  
BigBuckets

Cavaliers and Magic a Rivalry?

Just wanted to say I appreciate an opponent fan coming here with kind words. The Cavs and Magic are the two best teams in the East so yeah this rivalry is exactly what the NBA needs...very exciting. Plus it's an East vs East team so we play each other 4 times during regular season alone.

quote:
Originally posted by welshy5:

The Cavaliers have become a team that I love to hate, I hope Lebron doesn't bail on them would be nice to see the rivalry continue beyond this season

I know Cavs fans don't like to hear it, but we could legitimately be starting a rivalry with TMAC and Lebron in 2010 icon_wink.gif

Of course its a rivalry. Two best teams in the East, both have young superstars. History in the playoffs. Ex-players talking ****.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:

The Cavaliers have become a team that I love to hate, I hope Lebron doesn't bail on them would be nice to see the rivalry continue beyond this season

I know Cavs fans don't like to hear it, but we could legitimately be starting a rivalry with TMAC and Lebron in 2010 icon_wink.gif

Chris Bosh may end up in NY along with Lebron

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:

Chris Bosh may end up in NY along with Lebron

...and DWade in Orlando! lol.

it's not a rivalry [yet]; for two teams to be rivals, two things need to happen:

1) there needs to be a significant amount of games played between them [so far just last playoffs]

2) It should be win/loss on both sides [so far the magic have whooped em up icon_smile.gif]

There is, however, a lot of trash talking and physicality on the court, so all the ingredients are there. We just need to play more games and whoop them more times. icon_biggrin.gif

I would call it a budding rivalry for sure. But until the Cavs beat Orlando in the playoffs its just a one-sided rivalry for now. Just the nature of the business...

It is sad that there are only two good teams in the East, the cavs and the magic. Boston and Atlanta are the only two other teams considered contenders in the East but realistically the old guys in Boston are easy to beat in the second half after they fatigue and we always blow out Atlanta by 20+. Cavs are our only legitimate threat in the East