Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official Game Thread: Magic vs. Cavaliers 1 PM EST

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by nbafan4life12:

No one is blaming the refs but like I said their was questionable calls on both sides of the ball.

Cavs backcourt didnt do anything but they had a lead and the game was close. I love how you guys are getting happy after this win. When you guys lose you had excuses, I guess the Cavs do too, having to incorporate a new player on their team.

And Mo' Williams is getting back into the swing of things. Excuses aren't a negative thing; their just reality. This game doesn't say very much except that both teams will be very confident when they face in the postseason and it should be a long, competitive series.

Exactly. One thing for sure Jamison should be starting. Its not like all these games they have played have been blowouts, and both teams are still adjusting to each other, didnt you guys add like 6-7 new players? Its gonna take both teams time to adjust.

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

that's the million dollar question..if you go back early in the game thread i said we need vince to contribute to win this game..thank god he finally did..the only way we can beat you guys in a series is with all of our guys contributing and playing 48 minutes a game..

That's our predicament. LeBron didn't have a good 4th quarter. He's expected to score 10-11 in the 4th, that seems to be the Cavs offense.

When he plays lackluster in the 4th, we need that scoring. That's where the foul call on Jamison killed us. He's that extra scorer that we needed.

But definitely, Jameer and Vince don't finish the game on fire, it's a toss up, if not Cavs win.

I wish Mo would have done somethin late in the game too, but apparently he was too worried about Twittering after the game.

The Magic's shooting killed you guys in the playoffs last season and in the regular season. At this point, it isn't "well the Magic's shooters won't always be so hot" it has become "Why can't the Cavaliers stop the Magic's shooters?" And Mo Williams has been a joke in almost every game he has played in Orlando the past two seasons. It's an obvious trend.

quote:

No one is blaming the refs but like I said their was questionable calls on both sides of the ball.

Cavs backcourt didnt do anything but they had a lead and the game was close. I love how you guys are getting happy after this win. When you guys lose you had excuses, I guess the Cavs do too, having to incorporate a new player on their team.

Incorporating? The guy scored 17 points including giving you the lead in the 3rd quarter. Id pretty much say he knows his role.

His problem was FOULS. He was playing hack-a-howard and got busted for it; it was NOT about knowing is role.

Get it straight.

Now go back to crying.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:

Incorporating? The guy scored 17 points including giving you the lead in the 3rd quarter. Id pretty much say he knows his role.

H is problem was FOULS. He was playing hack-a-howard and got busted for it; it was NOT about knowing is role. Get it straight. is problem was FOULS. He was playing hack-a-howard and got busted for it; it was NOT about knowing is role.

Get it straight.

Now go back to crying.

quote:

didnt you guys add like 6-7 new players? Its gonna take both teams time to adjust.

Cleveland lost 1, added 2, and has Leon Powe ready to come back from injury.

When Z comes back and Powe gets healthy, we will be at full strength.

I cannot wait for Powe to take Hickson's minutes. People on the Cavs forums think he is a savior, but he can dunk, and that's it. No midrange, no defense, no rebounding. He can roll on a pick and dunk.

I'm getting sick of all the love for JJ on that site.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

And Mo' Williams is getting back into the swing of things. Excuses aren't a negative thing; their just reality. This game doesn't say very much except that both teams will be very confident when they face in the postseason and it should be a long, competitive series.

Exactly. One thing for sure Jamison should be starting. Its not like all these games they have played have been blowouts, and both teams are still adjusting to each other, didnt you guys add like 6-7 new players? Its gonna take both teams time to adjust.

I hate sitting great players to be fair. This isn't the YMCA and Vince Carter and Antawn Jamison get to start no matter what. The longer the Cavs wait to start Jamison, the longer they delay that team from meeting its full potential and I don't think the Hawks will be a push over if an identity hasn't been found yet.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:

H is problem was FOULS. He was playing hack-a-howard and got busted for it; it was NOT about knowing is role. Get it straight. is problem was FOULS. He was playing hack-a-howard and got busted for it; it was NOT about knowing is role.

Get it straight.

Now go back to crying.

Hacking? Yeah he did hack when Howard had an easy dunk but the refs blew that blocking foul when Jamison was cleary set, that gave him his fifth foul and that jump ball that they called for West and JJ? Yeah Jamison did score but he still looked lost at times on both ends on the floor.

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

quote:

didnt you guys add like 6-7 new players? Its gonna take both teams time to adjust.

Cleveland lost 1, added 2, and has Leon Powe ready to come back from injury.

When Z comes back and Powe gets healthy, we will be at full strength.

I cannot wait for Powe to take Hickson's minutes. People on the Cavs forums think he is a savior, but he can dunk, and that's it. No midrange, no defense, no rebounding. He can roll on a pick and dunk.

I'm getting sick of all the love for JJ on that site.

Late first round picks are always so grossly underrated heading into the season that fans completely overrate everything they do well. It's really quite annoying when great players are trashed because of unrealisitic expecatations and young players are glorified because of, again, unrealisitic expectations.

Lebrick James if you think that the Cavs are

playing as well as they possibly can with Antawn Jamison then your just a hater. Guy got some buckets but looked lost for long stretches and wasn't at all utilized well in the first half. Jamison at the three is just not going to get the job done.

quote:

Hacking? Yeah he did hack when Howard had an easy dunk but the refs blew that blocking foul when Jamison was cleary set, that gave him his fifth foul and that jump ball that they called for West and JJ? Yeah Jamison did score but he still looked lost at times on both ends on the floor.

I love when Cavs fans complain about bad calls. They get the favor of the referees so much, it's quite rich when they get a taste of it themselves.